• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Decisions, Decisions

Jeannie

Hi, I am new here and just starting (again) to research the available options. When I looked into it about 5 years ago I thought the sleeve option would be my best choice. I would appreciate feedback from those of you who have had that particular surgery, and also the other types as well. I will be attending a seminar tomorrow but thought some personal testimonials would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jeannie and welcome to a great support group. I planned on having the sleeve, but my insurance refused, so I had the Rou-en-Y (Gastric bypass) in October. The best thing I've ever done. I'm down 108 pounds so far. I stick to the plan and get lots of exercise. I'm feeling great. The sleeve, the bypass and lapband all are successful over the long run if you stick to the plan laid out for you. Bypass tends to start faster than sleeve and lapband. Also we are all different, so don't compare your weight loss with others, there will be those who lose faster than you, and those who lose slower. There are plenty of people here who will be glad to help you, just ask.

:cool:

hi Jeannie I agree with others on this site, having had the bariatric surgery 4 months ago was the BEST THING I EVER HAD DONE TO MY SELF.It ill change your life for the GOOD, I am healthier now than before, was taken off insulin, high blood pressure is gone and high cholesterol, it's nice to be able to walk and not complain,IT HURTS' life s so much better. going to a seminar is helpful but I found out a lot more on this site, people on here have been willing to answer questions and share there journey with the weight loss surgery. plus let me tell you about another site that has helped me a lot.Theworldaccordingtoeggface.org she had the surgery I think in 2006 anyway she went from a size 28 to a 4 and she has tons of receipes on her site and tells you about many products that she uses that are sugar free and protein she uses, I love going to her site for advice and great recipes too. wishing you much luck as you embark on this journey.Donna

Back