• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Diagnosing what you feel physically

robergnm

Does anytone else new in the process or remember being new in the process wonder & question what they are feeling physically?
I had my roux-en-y surgery w/repair of large hiatal hernia on 06/06/12 so it's been just 3 wks & a couple of days later.

Sice I had one obstrucion already I think I might be a little skittish that it can happen again.

For the past 2 days I feel so full to east the 2nd or 3rd meal of the day after leaving at least 30 minutes + from drinking fluids.
Sometimes I think, have eaten too much, not sure if it's gas, constipation, my imagination or possibly healing still ocurring from 1 of both of my surgeries.

After I went for a walk yesterday I was relieved of some gas & defacatd afte my return. It felt good, sorry if this is too much info.

Same thing later in the day yesterday. I live in WI & it's incredibly hot for us this time of year.
Also, could meds I take for depression and anxiety be adding to this?
I took the walk early in the morning & was home by 7:30 am.

When I don't feel hungry & feel that I'm stuffing myself for the purpose of hitting the minimum 60 g of protein, is it better to stay hydrated first or get protein in?

Not sure what to think; may be time to call the office again & talk to th RN.

I freak out a bit when it feels like my chest might be too tight before & the more so after eating that an obstruction may have occurred.

I also find myself to be really tired especially when the heat rises. :confused:

Hi Mary, it is common to feel full easily especially after drinking water or tea etc.. and sometimes just relieving some the gas will give us some room for food, however you are in a different situation than the rest of us when it comes to getting our protien in when we are not hungry, I depended on my protien shakes because I could not have done it on just food alone, so getting the 6o+ plus grams was not that difficult but it did still take some planning. Now I eat about 5 or 6 small meals a day and I get enough protien and calories in to feel good, I am a little over 2 years oout and still inching down in weight. I was tired all the time too but whenever I was sleepy I took a nap, sometimes just because I couldn't keep my eyes open:rolleyes: So if you can't seem to get enough protien in it without feeliung like you are stuffing yourself then I think you should go with your instincts and talk with your doctors about it and see if they have any suggestions. :cool: Tom

Back