• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Diarrhea ugh!

kmcrofut

Hello all!

I made it through my Sleeve beautifully. I was blessed very little pain only moderate nausea. My biggest issue has been chronic diarrhea. It just won't stop even water sets me off. It has now been 2 weeks and I am starting to feel a little dizzy/lightheaded which I think relates to all the diarrhea.

I haven't had much luck finding a protein shake post-op that works well for me. I have cut out all lactose but still get diarrhea even with sips of soy milk. I am beginning to get a little concerned because my intake is about 20-30 ounces of fluids a day with only 15-20 grams protein. Artificial sweetners are really gross now so anything other than water and I just have trouble getting it down.

Any suggestions to stop the diarrhea? I was told by my surgeon not to take Immodium so I am just trying to make it stop by avoiding things that trigger it but everything seems to trigger it!

Thanks all so much!

Hi, I'm glad your surgery went well, but I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Apparently you've spoken to your doctor or nurse since they told you not to take the Immodium, but do they know the severity of the situation? I would think after two weeks of this that dehydration should be a major concern right now. I'm sorry I can't offer you any other advice other than hang in there and please keep in touch with your nurse and let her know that you aren't getting any relief. Maybe you need to be seen to make sure everything is okay. Please keep us posted on how you're doing. I hope things get better for you soon.
-Jenny

Diarrhea goes hand in hand with dehydration, it's important that you check in with your doctor. At the very least up your electrolytes. Maybe Kaopectate. Call your doctor!

Blessed be!

Today the diarrhea finally supsided. I have been able to increase my water intake and am still working on getting the protein up. I feel so much better!!!

Thank you all for the feedback and encouragement. :eek:

Back