• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Did anyone read Rex Reeds comments about Meliussa Mc Carthy?

The star of Mike and Molly both very obese. Actually the first obese couple to have a comedy hit. She did a movie and was called a hippo and a well, it gets worse. I like the show & I feel that its a right to have surgery or not. She said in and interview she would love to be a size 6. Now I might have chose WLS but its my choice. And I have friends that are obese & the attack on her was inhuman. I hope that Rex Reed blows up to the elephant he called her. We all can identify with that. A attack about her acting was one thing her size well, that was to personal. Whats your thoughts on this?
Hugs,
Angie:mad:

I did not read Rex Reed's comments regarding Melissa McCarthy but am wondering if he said anything about Billy Gardell's obesity. Probably not because in this country obese men are usually accepted as being OK like they are.

I think she's a brave and funny woman. It must be pretty hard to put yourself up to the scrutiny when the "norm" is a size 6 or less. Rex Reed is a jerk.

Rex Reed is an a**! I enjoy the show and the acting. I've actually heard that she would like to loose some weight but that the show doesn't want her to. I find that difficult to believe since it can improve one's health and they can always "pad" her for the show, but who knows!? In Hollywood I guess nothing would surprise me.

Not a word. But he was critizing her in the new movie Stolen Identiy. I saw Bill before he became famous at a comedy club in Colunbus. He was a riot. No, nor would he if it had been about Mike & Mollie.

Very true and she can take falls like crazy very limber. It's a sad world indeed. And wonder why teenagers are dying daily of anorexia & bulemia. Simple a normal weight healthy actress or singer is called heavy, remember Karen Carpenter. It's crazy. Rex reed is a fruit cake what is he now like 90?

It is the same as using a slang name for a person of different race, religion or social status. Its plain WRONG. I like that show even if I hit goal I will still watch it, I say go for it, Hitler died years ago.

Yeah she did and interview pretty cool, she has children. I loved her in The Bridesmaids. Well ya know on the show she goes to a support group, it where she met Mike. So, why not allow her to lose weight? Good thing I am not a writer for the show. Yeah, Hollywood can you imagine living in Beverly Hills. I doubt they wipe their own butts. lol

Back