• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Do you have these kind of days?

Just my thoughts I think if you don't feel bad drinking with or shortly after meals, then I don't see it's a huge issue. I am usually too full right after eating and if I try to drink I get an uncomfortable reminder that I am full. Sometimes I can do certain things like some crackers and drink a tea. I am constantly trying to intake fluids all day and night, unfortunately it is nearly impossible at work. I did notice a difference in skin hydration when I was finally getting in enough liquid, the skin finally started to look like my previous skin, not all dry and parched. I use more products but I might suggest my very favorite is Josie Maran's Sugar Scrub, it is "clean" beauty with no artificial stuff in it. The sugar is a major humectant and it is full of oils that leave you soft and hydrated. It saved me post op.
I love Josie Maran products

This reminds me that if you let it stand in a container overnight, the chlorine dissipates.
Absolutely. When I went to college and double majored in Business Mgmnt and Public Heatlh I had to take a class unrelated to either degree programs and I took Science of Brewing. Thought it would be cake and wound up being one of my top 5 hardest classes. Little did I know it was not an easy A class like all the others for that type of class. Instead it was taught by 5 department chairs (Psychology, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, History) and they had all been brewing since Jimmy Carter legalized home brewing and they were trying to start a brewery program. I got into home brew and when I brew beer I used to pour 20 gallons of water in my hot liquor tank via drinking water hose with a Recreational RV water filter on the end for the next day and drop a few Camden tablets in to let it set overnight. Next morning I would test the water and add the different minerals in I wanted for the beer style I was brewing and what water profile I wanted. Many people just don't realize that sanitation and water are so important in beers. It's a major factor why breweries that get bought out and moved by big brand names, they frequently do not taste the same due to the different water. Point being the body is a chemistry set not with just the food you put in it but also the water. I would recommend anyone to test their municipal water. There is a good reason breweries will can and send off their treated water in disaster areas and it is much appreciated. It is not only filtered to a high standard, but minerals are adjusted to safe levels to promote healthy organisms and reduce minerals that are not so good. Filtering can only do so much but if you have the capability to filter off some water, test and adjust your mineral content you can have gallons of the stuff for less than what some bottled "healthy" waters with who knows what impurities in their plastic bottles for far less. Adjusting Brewing Water Chemistry in 3 Steps

Back