• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Doctor set goal today!

lsales4363

I only have 8 more pounds to go before a surgery date will be scheduled. One whole month with no soda, or caffeine. If I can survive that, 8 pounds will be a breeze.:D

I am not a fan of the "waiting" game, but I think I will be busy enough to not notice.

Thanks. Extra motivated. Our insurance is changing slightly in 2014 and it will cost me more after January 1. My motivation is to be in there before the year ends. I lost 12 lbs in October. And the doctor said when I get within two lbs of my goal, I could schedule my appointment with him. I have been riding a stationery bike. I have put almost 200 miles on it in 2 weeks. That the distance to San Francisco from my house. I can see the Golden Gate now.

My surgery date is Nov 6, I was put on a diet for 2 weeks before surgery, the nurse said it was to "shrink my liver". I have lost 6 pounds in 10 days. I had to loose 10 pounds (actually lost 11) that they required a couple of months ago. The 2 week diet was drinking slim fast or atkins, or any other high protein drink, for breakfast and lunch, and then 1 lean cuisine or 1 weight watchers meal or 1 healthy choice for supper each night. The drinks shoud be high protein, and no more then 10g of sugar in any of it. No cheating.

Back