• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Enjoying Food Again

mmccarty

I don't remember Who told me about the Pinterest recipes, But I'm really enjoying looking at and trying all kinds of healthy recipes. Last night I made a fresh vegi pizza. It was really good. I am feeling a lot less food deprived. I am getting all my protein in too! I am trying really hard to remember my vitamins. This new routine is hard to get the hang of. I am pinning like crazy on Pinterest all kinds of yummy and bariatric friendly recipes to try.

Thanks everyone for all your support during this rough transition. I am now 5 weeks post opp and doing so much better.

About the vitamins - I use 2 weekly pill keepers - marked A.M. and P.M. (I take some stuff twice a day). Then all of them are together and I just put in front of my face til I take them. This works well for me. Good job on the veggie pizza - sounds really good.

I have been on Pintrest lately also. I love the recipes. I have so many saved and even my Hubby says are look appealing to him.

Mmccarty-How wonderful to hear you are doing so much better. It's amazing how well one can feel after maintaining their protein goal for a few days. Keep up the good work.

I'm surprised you're allow regular food at five weeks. My surgeon has me on pureed through six weeks, then only soft foods through 14 weeks. What's the name of the Pinterest group for the recipes?

Back