• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Exercise Anybody?

MsKami77

I started my exercising prior to surgery but it only consisted of walking and Zumba classes. Now that I've lost 100 pounds, I want to do more. I still walk and Zumba but now I'm exploring more classes at my local YMCA. I met with a trainer today to work on my weak areas (arms, core and inner thighs). I'm just curious about what others are doing for exercise and how you keep it interesting. ;)

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss. I go to the gym and I don't get bored because I always listen to an audiobook. It seems to make the time go by fast.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss. I go to the gym and I don't get bored because I always listen to an audiobook. It seems to make the time go by fast.

Do you lift weights at the gym? What's your routine? I just started working with a trainer to help with my trouble spots. My cardio workout is good but I really need to firm up.

Do you lift weights at the gym? What's your routine? I just started working with a trainer to help with my trouble spots. My cardio workout is good but I really need to firm up.
I do 30 min of cardio (treadmill or reclining bike) and 45 min on the weight machines, 3 times a week. I've been thinking about a personal trainer to help me work on upper body strength.

I do water aerobics 3 times a week for 2 hour per session. I have to be careful with weights because I have had 6 spinal surgeries. My biggest nemesis is I also have Addison disease and will be on steroids for the rest of my life. My support system needs educated and I am showing them the articles that I can find. Living on a tight budget has caused me to go two weeks with out high protein drinks / food. But, from here on out this shouldn't be a problem.

I started my exercising prior to surgery but it only consisted of walking and Zumba classes. Now that I've lost 100 pounds, I want to do more. I still walk and Zumba but now I'm exploring more classes at my local YMCA. I met with a trainer today to work on my weak areas (arms, core and inner thighs). I'm just curious about what others are doing for exercise and how you keep it interesting. ;)

Many congrats on the fantastic weight loss!!! You are doing wonderfully!! I joined a gym and workout at least 4 times a week.... treadmill, elliptical.... and stepper bike.... but i absolutely love lifting weights!!! i want to get into Zumba!!! Sounds fun and exciting and something different to do!

Back