• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling down today

Talia121

I've been trying to stop smoking not only for myself but because I need to be smoke free for 3 months prior to surgery. I feel like I've let myself down and like I won't be able to do it and it's really killing me....I'm so worried it's crazy

I'm so sorry. Does your insurance have a program that helps with quitting smoking?
I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you.
Both of my sons Vape and it just kills me because I don't want that addiction for them.
We all have issues and mine is carbs.
Hoping you can get some help for this soon.

I'm so sorry. Does your insurance have a program that helps with quitting smoking?
I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you.
Both of my sons Vape and it just kills me because I don't want that addiction for them.
We all have issues and mine is carbs.
Hoping you can get some help for this soon.
[/QUOT

Thanks for replying...I would have to check into help for it.. Because trying to do it on my own ay yi yi..it's hell

I've been trying to stop smoking not only for myself but because I need to be smoke free for 3 months prior to surgery. I feel like I've let myself down and like I won't be able to do it and it's really killing me....I'm so worried it's crazy
My husband quit using chantex. He smoked for ,30 plus years. The only thing that worked for him. Might be worth talking to your doctor about.

I chewed on plain plastic straws and I was able to kick the habit cold Turkey. My husband chewed on toothpicks and had hard candies. He dipped and smoked but he stop both cold Turkey. Whatever you try I wish you luck.You can do it, believe it.

Chewing straws is how I got through it. It's been 7 years since I kicked the habit. Yes I gain weight because my addiction turn into comfort food. But now I am mediating, since the surgery and I can't wait to get back to swimming. I really enjoy that. Hopefully I can get more walking in there as well. So far with autoimmune disease (rheumatoid arthritis ) I wasn't able to get around and gaining with the biologic medication I was taking put on the pounds. Cimza injections once a month. Anyone else ever taken those injections?

I was a heavy smoker, 3 packs a day for the last 15 years of my smoking (smoked for nearly 40 years). Nothing helped until I used the nicotine lozenges, They worked! I quit over Christmas 2016 and haven't had a cigarette (or craved one) since. They are much cheaper at Sam's, if you have access to Sam's.

I was a heavy smoker, 3 packs a day for the last 15 years of my smoking (smoked for nearly 40 years). Nothing helped until I used the nicotine lozenges, They worked! I quit over Christmas 2016 and haven't had a cigarette (or craved one) since. They are much cheaper at Sam's, if you have access to Sam's.
Congratulations!

Back