• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling out of balance

Kim M

I am almost 10 months post op sleeve. I have been managing the emotional part of this journey fairly well up to now. I am feeling a great deal of stress from family issues as well as work. I also have begun to doubt my ability to continue this journey feeling the joy I have felt since the beginning. I think this is bothering me more than anything. I thought I was doing the emotional work needed to be successful. This week I just feel like I have hit a wall and the internal noise in my head is non stop. I am meditating, taking yoga, connecting to universal energy and still feeling preoccupied with the thought of food. I have not gone off my food plan, but the constant obsessing about when my next meal will come is exhausting. It's like my addictive mind is engaged, but I am not eating. I am trying to let my feelings flow, but I think they are getting stuck. This isn't about weight. It is about peace which I am now realizing is not going to be an ongoing think. I keep telling myself this too shall pass. Anyone else been through this and how did you mange to find your center again?

Kim,

Are you attending a live support group? Sometimes you just need to talk about these things in a safe environment and I mean the food the work and the family issue you are going through. 99% of all our problems are between the ears. And we just need to get it out.

cheers

Back