• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling overwhelmed..

Hi. I am feeling so overwhelmed at what to eat, what not to eat, when to eat, how much to drink, when to drink...etc. Did/does anyone else feel that way? I've gotten the OK from my doctor, all pre-testing has been done, just waiting on the OK from insurance. I know I start the liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery but not sure how it all goes together. Can anyone kinda help me out? I had a visit with the nutritionist a while back but it was all so foreign to me at the time. Now that the time is getting closer I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to be eating as far as vitamins and protein go. I know everyone's been told mainly similiar things and just wondered how you all made it work and figured it out. Thank You.

Lookin4life

When it comes to the pre-surgery diet they will give a list of exactly what you can eat. There are no worries there. When I left the hospital the nutritionist brought in another packet of what to eat and what not to eat. She sat down and we talked about what to expect the next six weeks. I am lucky that she is one that does not mind email so I can send questions anytime I need. The diet after is priority 1 get enough water. That is the first goal. The next thing is to get the magic number of lean protein each day. If you have any room past the protein you can have vegetables and maybe healthy carb. I had the RNY so you will have more options than I had but don't hesitate to call your team with questions. Additionally, if you have any further questions on here let us know.

Feeling overwhelmed-
Im at the high protein/low carb part- The 16th I start my 2 weeks of 2 shakes and 1 protein meal- so I know what you mean!! At first I had a headache!! So much to take in and think about- yuk!! My surgery date is the 30th. I like muscle milk- I have also ordered unjury in small and to try and Premier protein- so look at those websites.... Right now I just am not a big meat eater but Im trying and I do low carb veggies- cucumbers, green beans, caliuflower w/ low fat motz cheese, celery with low fat veggie cream cheese, sf cherry jello with can whipped cream and peanuts........ so if I can find a shake I really like then I will be set cause I hear the first month its all liquids- then my brain can take a break!! Hope that helps!!
Tammi

Back