• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First Post!

Hello everyone, I just found this site and thought I would check it out. I had biliopancreatic diversion on July 1, 2013. I didn't have any complications and the weight is just falling off. I was told today that I am not getting enough protein. Any suggestions for products that I can add to just about anything to get my required protein in every day? The lesser the cost the better. I am a single mom with 3 kids. Thanks!

P.S. My total weight loss (due to liver shrink diet) is 46lbs!

Hello Andrea,

My favorite protein is fish, not fried of course, broiled, baked or steamed. the Greek non fat yogurt is good, Our Costco has a good election of protein bars and drinks, Pure Protein and Premier Protein are my favorites. But part of the adventure of WLS is finding the wright sources of protein that make sense and works for you. Good luck and welcome aboard.

At what point post op are we allowed the protein bars and puddings? I like fish so that is good news!

It should be at the same time they allow you solid foods check with your dietician. The protein bars were great for me because, I couldn't easily handle solid proteins and experienced a lot of nausea in the first four months. Stick with your plan and you'll do fine, and good luck!

I have heard that GNC makes a liquid protein that has no flavor so you can add it to anything. I haven't been to a GNC yet to check it out but I will as soon as I get the chance.

Low fat cottage cheese if you can handle it. I get breakstone 4-pk brand. I can't remember what amount of protein it has, but it makes for a delicious snack and protein rich.

Back