• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

first time user on any forum also typing with 1 hand. just had surgery on the other.

"wondergirl

i have lots of questions from phase 2 diet on. i will get use to this forum and then ask questions. i am due to have roux n y bypass on feb 24th and am getting very confused. i am glad this form is here to help. i go by "wondergirl:)

hello, and welcome to the forum. for me and my dr, phase 11 or stage 11 was full liquids, strained soups, yogu rt, cooked cereals, protein drinks, unsweetened applesauce, no sugar jello and the like. protein and fluids will always be important to get in. do you have any specific questions? there are alot of very nice and supportive people here. also ask your dr or dietician to clarify things for you. good luck to you.

Yes good luck to you. Phase 2 for me was full liquids for a week. After that we went to puree.

You will be challenged to get all the liquid in that you need as well as the protein. Don't worry about calories. You won't get much in of them in the first month. Once you are past the first month you will see that you can consume a bit more and probably get to the 800 to 1000 calorie level a day.

I am now getting 1200 calories a day. However, I make sure I do not go over the 1200 calorie mark. By doing so, I know I will continue to lose; albeit I am in a weight plateau right now.

You will also experience weight plateaus. We all do. Just follow your program. Come here often with your experiences and your questions.

Ralph

Welcome to the group. I had full liquids for phase two, then moved on to pureed foods. Your biggest concern following surgery will be to get in your water and protein. You most likely won't get it all in right away, but that's ok, keep working at it, it will come. Let us know what your specific questions are and we'll be happy to answer.

Frank

:cool:

i have lots of questions from phase 2 diet on. i will get use to this forum and then ask questions. i am due to have roux n y bypass on feb 24th and am getting very confused. i am glad this form is here to help. i go by "wondergirl:)

WELCOME to the group Wondergirl!!! Has your surgeon gave you a menu of exactly what he wants you to eat (or should I say drink) after your surgery? If he hasn't you could call his office and ask about it. Good Luck on your surgery, the day will be here in a snap. :)

liquid diet

thank you everyone who replied. i am not use to not talking face to face yet. was wondering if in the beginning i should just buy all my liquids, pureed foods, vitamins from there store so i know i am getting exactly the right balance? we live in a motorhome fulltime and travel a lot. have limited space so premade items that do not need refrigeration would be best for me. also should i purchase a small pressure cooker and what about a small blender? any suggestions

thanks
kay

thank you everyone who replied. i am not use to not talking face to face yet. was wondering if in the beginning i should just buy all my liquids, pureed foods, vitamins from there store so i know i am getting exactly the right balance? we live in a motorhome fulltime and travel a lot. have limited space so premade items that do not need refrigeration would be best for me. also should i purchase a small pressure cooker and what about a small blender? any suggestions

thanks
kay
I'm a big fan of using the pre-packaged food at least at first. It took a lot of the stress out figuring out how to get the protein in when you are eating so little. I don't know about the pressure cooker, I've never used one, but definitely buy a one-person blender (smoothie maker). Get one that's powerful enough to puree foods. I bought one with 2 cups with lids that serve as the blender body and drink vessel.
Another thing I've found helpful is a food scale. My idea of 3 oz of meat and the scale's idea of 3 oz of meat are WAY different. I'll probably continue to use it even after I've reached goal. Good luck!

karenina, thank you

Did you use their prepackaged foods and vitemens? Do you use a crockpot to get the meats tender? Thanks Kay

Did you use their prepackaged foods and vitemens? Do you use a crockpot to get the meats tender? Thanks Kay
Yes, I use both the bariatric prepackaged foods and vitamins. I also use a crockpot to make some meals and then freeze some of it, but you said refrigeration was a problem.

Back