• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

fries

Having read all of this, I’m wondering if nausea and vomiting is common in the first 6 weeks (or longer) after surgery or if it is only a problem if you don’t follow the diet? Also, I have heard that it can feel like food is backing up in your esophagus. Is that really what’s happening or does it just feel like that?

I was so lucky. I was rarely nauseous and was taking only OTC Tylenol before they ever released me from the hospital. My husband was nauseous for weeks. It really does depend on your body. And possibly your surgery? I had bypass, he got sleeved.

Acid reflux can feel very much like food is coming up, when its just acid. If food is headed up your esophagus, its probably going to make you vomit.

100% follow your teams dietary rules. Even if they are not the same as everyone else's. Even if they don't make sense to you. Some of us were allowed carbs, fruits etc. & some of us weren't. If they tell you avoid it, just do it. It's only for a limited amount of time and those foods can be difficult to digest. And they can slow weight loss.

Why trust a surgeon to cut out part of your body and then bicker about a few temporary food restrictions?!?

Back