• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

gastric sleeve

I am beginning the process 12/31/13 has anyone over 60 have this procedure?

Well I am 64 yrs old and had gastric bypass last June and that is a more severe procedure than the sleeve. I did just fine with minimal pain. Just check out that you have a really good surgeon. There are many on this forum who are over 60. :)

A number of our patients are over 60! They do amazingly well and are much more compliant than the 40 year olds (including myself!). And I agree with Cheyenne (which I do A LOT! :) ) as long as you have a competent surgeon and he/she has a great, supportive staff you shouldn't have any issues.

Your recovery time might be a bit slower, but the benefits are worth it. I had RNY at 55 and had no issues. Like the others said, a competent surgeon and good support staff and you'll be fine. Just remember to follow the plan and you'll be successful. If I can do it, anyone can.

Frank

:cool:

I was 57, but I'm sure my insides were older. I did fine. I gave myself a little extra time off of work just because I could. Wishing you all the best on your upcoming surgery.

Back