• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting there!!!!

Sandie

I have done my group Nutrition appt, my individual Nutrition appt but forgot to bring in my food diary for two days so Nutritionist wants to see me again :( but she is right, I needed to do that and forgot. I think she thought I was not taking it seriously but surely am. Saw the doctor once and will see again next week and saw the Psyche person today. That was an interesting appt., form questions asking about drinking and depression and eating habits, then interview where she asked similar question but sounded ver supportive of what I am doing and I guess she approves since she wished me good luck with the surgery. I am not sure I am going to get my Primary Care doc's support and the Psych said "why not?" and I said she is one who believes if you put your mind to it, you can get thin!! NOT.
So, after my appt I am hoping to get scheduled for surgery but it is going to be like Nov 28 since we are driving from MA to MO and will not return until the 14th and cannot be on liquid diet during that time, too complicated to travel and visit and etc. and no food but protein drink. I guess that is not a real problem, I get to have Thanksgiving but then no Christmas dinner but I am ready to do whatever to get this done and over with and behind me.
I have horrible GERD so am hoping the loss of the weight will help with that, mild asthma, and funny hypertention, up one day down the next. Bad back and feet that are worsened daily by my weight, BMI 38 and new very early DM Adult Onset.
Hope I do as well as many of you, have many questions about how long it is before you are not obscessed by your dietary needs and just do it by rote.

Hi Sandie, it sounds like you are getting close to setting up your surgery date. There is never a good time to start a liquid diet or a new meal plan, if it is not Chrstmas it's Easter or 4th of july or something, my holiday was Easter but really it didn't bother me much because I had already had my surgery so I really wasn't hungry. You will do fine just follow your doctors directions. :cool: Tom

I was home today with really bad stomach problems, I have had a few abdominal surgeries in past so hope I do not have an obstruction or partial obstruction. I was SICK but am hungry now. You are right there is never a good time for a diet. How as it that yo did not have to do the protein drink diet before your surgery or was not what you were saying?

Hi Sandie, I did do the liquid protien diet, I just made sure to have my protien shakes with me and when I traveled I bought the premade stuff at rite aid. It wasn't to inconviniant and it is pretty easy to find when your on the road. :cool: Tom

Back