• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Got my surgery date!!

llsbbsmama

I am so excited (but a little nervous) since I got my surgery date ... 2/26/13

I have preop tests starting tomorrow (anesthesia & heart health check) then again next Friday for blood tests.

I have wanted to have this surgery for 7 years and have been actively working towards it for the past 3 years.

Any suggestions or tips?

Congrats, my advise would be RELAX not to over stress about eating, protein, and water. It all falls into place everyday. Then the next day and so on. It isn't easy, but nothing worth anything ever is. You'll be a Loser too soon. And it is Great being a Big Loser.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I guess the best advice I can give at this stage (2 1/2 weeks post-op) is to only worry about your fluids during the first couple of weeks, and don't stress the protein - just do what you can. This is what my surgeon told me, but I see on other forums that people are upset because they can't get all their protein and fluids in during the initial post-operative phase. This will al come in time.

yay congrats for you!!!! i actually have my surgery one day after yours!!!! i am totally taking my computer and will prolly be on this site all day hahaha.......i am so stoked...people ask if i am nervous or scared and i do believe this site has eased all of my fears.........so i am back to as excited as when i got my letter that said i was approved!

Best of luck to you! It was the best decision I've made for myself in a long time! I agree with the others. Don't worry about much but your liquid & recovery when you first get home. Everything will work itself out. Keep in contact with your nurses and dietician for all your questions. That's what you pay them for! :)

Back