• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Great Protein Shake Additions - Full Liquid Phase

It's been a long time since I've had to doctor up protein shakes. I've been going through old posts but thought a new thread might be good for the newbies .. and me lol So please, add on your favorite concoctions. Here are 2 new ones I've discovered.

I found a Dad's Old Fashioned Root Beer sugar free water flavoring packet. And I added 1/2 a packet to Dave's vanilla protein shake. HOLY CRAP! It tastes just like a root beer float. So good.

In honor of Shamrock Shake season: 1/4 t. (or to taste) of MINT extract in a chocolate or vanilla protein shake. Not peppermint, although if you like it ..

Hello Missy,
I have heard of the root beer float shake but haven't tried it.

I have also heard of taking the "orange soda" sugar free flavor powder and adding it to a vanilla shake for an ORANGE CREAMSICLE!
Again, I haven't tried it yet but it sounds so yummy.

I have taken, 8 oz crystal light lemonade and added strawberry protein powder for a strawberry lemonade shake and it was delicious!

It's been a long time since I've had to doctor up protein shakes. I've been going through old posts but thought a new thread might be good for the newbies .. and me lol So please, add on your favorite concoctions. Here are 2 new ones I've discovered.

I found a Dad's Old Fashioned Root Beer sugar free water flavoring packet. And I added 1/2 a packet to Dave's vanilla protein shake. HOLY CRAP! It tastes just like a root beer float. So good.

In honor of Shamrock Shake season: 1/4 t. (or to taste) of MINT extract in a chocolate or vanilla protein shake. Not peppermint, although if you like it ..
What is Dave’s vanilla protein shake?

My personal favorite protein shake is called Chocolate Cake Batter - I use chocolate protein powder then add a couple of teaspoons of the s/f cream cheese pudding. It comes out thick like a milkshake. I love it!

I use Herbalife protein powder. I also use Herbalife liftoff - very very good!!

I just scored 2 cases of each of some flavors that come available seldom from Sams today for the Premier Protein.
Peaches & Cream -One of my favs
Strawberry Cream
oats Chocolate Hazelnut
oats Blueberry & Cream
I see today they have the cake batter flavor in stock. Thats also a good changeup. I think I need a case of vanilla after seeing this post since I have some A&W sugar free root beer packets along with some, Orange, Grape, Strawberry and Pineapple Crush https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QKFQ7QJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You don't have to use the flavor packets, a small amount of actual extracts will work as well. For example, adding a tiny bit of almond extract will get you pretty close to the cake batter flavor when added to vanilla. There are a million options to mix and match. I love orange extract in chocolate.

Back