• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Great Protein Shake Additions - Full Liquid Phase

I'm sipping on one now. For sure a slight ice cream like creaminess. I had a vanilla with a dads sugar free packet the other week. This is not as strong of sugary flavor. It's got a better balance in my opinion, without a strong sugary aftertaste. I'm craving it colder though. Think the next one I'm going to chill for 30min in the freezer. I ordered 3 more cases last night and 6 more this morning after seeing limited availability from my usual Sams Club on currently only having Oats Chocolate Hazelnut and Caffe Latte (2 of my least favorite flavors) being the only ones available. Not even chocolate available. Looking at the prices elsewhere things are looking like huge increases in pricing. (Is protein shakes going to be the next shortage???!!), oh PREMIER10 for 10% off on Premier proteins site without signing up for spam.

I'm sipping on one now. For sure a slight ice cream like creaminess. I had a vanilla with a dads sugar free packet the other week. This is not as strong of sugary flavor. It's got a better balance in my opinion, without a strong sugary aftertaste. I'm craving it colder though. Think the next one I'm going to chill for 30min in the freezer. I ordered 3 more cases last night and 6 more this morning after seeing limited availability from my usual Sams Club on currently only having Oats Chocolate Hazelnut and Caffe Latte (2 of my least favorite flavors) being the only ones available. Not even chocolate available. Looking at the prices elsewhere things are looking like huge increases in pricing. (Is protein shakes going to be the next shortage???!!), oh PREMIER10 for 10% off on Premier proteins site without signing up for spam.
Yeah I noticed the prices on their website have gone up. I bought 4 cases of the rootbeer, free shipping and that 10% 1st time order discount. I hate how everything is going up in price. AAA says by August gas could be $6 a gallon, so everything else will cost more. Anyway, I'm good for now. Glad the root beer is good, can't wait til Tuesday. Thanks for the review. Now if only I could get more cinnamon roll shakes...

Yeah I noticed the prices on their website have gone up. I bought 4 cases of the rootbeer, free shipping and that 10% 1st time order discount. I hate how everything is going up in price. AAA says by August gas could be $6 a gallon, so everything else will cost more. Anyway, I'm good for now. Glad the root beer is good, can't wait til Tuesday. Thanks for the review. Now if only I could get more cinnamon roll shakes...

Cinnamon Roll and Cookies and Cream are two of my favs.

You don't have to use the flavor packets, a small amount of actual extracts will work as well. For example, adding a tiny bit of almond extract will get you pretty close to the cake batter flavor when added to vanilla. There are a million options to mix and match. I love orange extract in chocolate.
Ooh, awesome suggestion...I Love orange and chocolate together! Thank you!! :)

I just had a Root Beer Float moved it from fridge to freezer for 40min. kneed the bottle and shake the bejesus out of it before opening and it had the perfect amount of slush like drinking a melted A&W ice cream float. Just missing that little nip of carbonation. Super cold is the way to go with it. Like a nice desert.

Last edited:
I just had a Root Beer Float moved it from fridge to freezer for 40min. kneed the bottle and shack the bejesus out of it before opening and it had the perfect amount of slush like drinking a melted A&W ice cream float. Just missing that little nip of carbonation. Super cold is the way to go with it. Like a nice desert.
Ooh, that sounds awesome!!! I had one from the fridge earlier today and it was tasty, but that takes it to another level...gonna have to try that!! :)

After a slight 3 day delay, I finally received my root beer float Premier Protein shakes today. Had one for lunch. It was really good and well worth the wait (and the expense). I'll enjoy them while I have them, and I'm sure I'll miss them when they're gone. Yummy!

Back