• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Greetings from the prodigal daughter!!!!

Letrell

Hey everyone. I'm back..kinda. So very sorry I am not on here very often. Since we moved to Oregon, life is moving soooo fast. (If you can believe going from southern cal to the oregon outback could be "moving"...LOL). Kids are all tweens and teens and sports and traveling and working full time then part time, girl scouts, boy scouts, learning to fish, camping, scout camps, ladies auxiliaries...holy cow! No wonder I can't gain weight! LOL

I will try very very hard to get on here and at least post responses. I am..cough cough...writing a book about my WLS adventure. We shall see how it turns out... if it ever does. Takes forever.

Darlin, Pat....I got your phone message. Thank you so much for calling to check on me. I'm sorry I can't pick up the phone while I'm working and when I get home and am able to take time to talk, you are 3 hours ahead of me, Darlin!!!! I think about you all the time. And O M G...congrats on the loss!!! I knew the scale had to dip down if you just hung in there. Your body gave in before you did! I am so very happy for you.

Miss reading your posts, Tom. LOL. I was responding to one earlier and really razzed on selfish men. I thought about you the entire time I was typing hoping you would know that you are in that exceptional 5%!!!!! LOL. (for all that don't know who I'm talking to...it's twomas)

I will try to jump in and comment and hope that I have something positive to contribute. For those that don't know me, I am a straight-shooter and tell it like it is. I don't mean to offend, but I don't like to get all kissy kissy and let people wallow in bad thoughts and pity parties. I'll try to be as kind as I can when I respond, but if I say "get off your duff" or just "cowboy up", please know it's because I care.

Be safe all!

Ain't life great!?

Letrell

Hi Letrell, It's great to hear from you. Being up in Norther California just a stones throw from the Oregon border I understand how life can move at a fast pace where you are at, but it is a kinder and more gentle fast pace and kinda grows on a person, I moved up here from southern Cal over 25 years ago and never looked back, well unless you count looking south to Mount Shasta and it's beautiful snow covered peak every day looking back LOL! :cool: Tom

TwoMas hi Tom HAPPY NEW YEAR WISHES TO YOU, HOW'S LIFE BEEN TREATING YOU LADY? HOW'S YOUR DOG? YOU 2 STILL TAKING YOUR LONG WALKS? OUR BOXER AND LITTLE SHI TZU BOTH LIKE GOING FOR WALKS. WELL WE FINALLY GOT A LITTLE SNOW, IT'S BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT ON THE TREES, WISH WE WOULD GET ENOUGH SO KIDS AND I COULD MAKE SNOW ANGELS IN THE SNOW, HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN YEARS. LOOSING WEIGHT DOES HAVE ADVANTAGES, FOR I COULD NOW GET DOWN ON THE GROUND AND EVEN GET BACK UP, YEAHHHHHHHH,,, STILL GOT 60 MORE POUNDS I WANT TO LOOSE. JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN ON YOU.HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL FOR YOU. DONNA

Back