• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

H-Pyloria Breath Test

ascooke63

Has anyone had this test and tested positive for Bacteria in your stomach. Are you on antibiotics? Did they take care of it? Were you negative on the retest?

Ascooke63 sandra i had the test done at my last dr visit.they had me drink a small amount of clear liquid and had to wait 15min then they came back in the room and had me breathe into a small bag and they said it was to check for stomach bacteria, didn't taste too bad and then i was allowed water.

I had it but I was given antibiotics and a medicine just for H-Pyloria for ten days. Doctor said that would take care of it.

Hi,

I am new to the forum...I TOO, have had the blood test to test for H Pylori. It came out positive and I had to 2 types of strong antibiotics for 10 days. To check if it's gone, I need to give a feces sample to get tested. Kaiser said this is the way to check if it's gone.

I am hating to do the feces test, YUCK! I wish I could drink that stuff and breath in a bag, instead :-(

Back