• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hair loss is really depressing

I had an annual dermatology appt last week and asked the dr about the hair loss. He said it is not unique to WLS but from all surgeries due to the anesthesia/stress and the disruption to the hair growth cycle.
YES, that’s exactly what I read online. I foolishly started messaging rosemary oil into my hair weekly because my surgery buddy said it would prevent hair loss. That was just a waste of my time and money (sigh).

I am 4 months and 3 weeks post op bypass w/gallbladder removal and my hair is coming out like mad!! Luckily I have about 3 times as much hair as the average person to start, but it's really depressing me. I started taking Nutrafol a week ago and using Keratherapy shampoo/conditioner. I'm taking all my supplements and meeting daily protein requirements.
My hair has thinned on top as well but my hairdresser says not to worry it will come back.

Back