• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Have my ducks all lined up and am impatiently waiting for my surgery date

Julie

Hello all,
I am new to this online support group stuff so please bare with me. I am at the final point of waiting for the surgery date to be scheduled and it is driving me crazy waiting for the call. Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle the anxiety.
Thanks
Julie

Hi julie i can remember how anxious i was while i waited for my surgery date, i can remember having all my appointments done then having to wait from feb. To may to see the surgeon and then not getting scheduled for surgery until sept. Then the week before surgery they called and changed the date by one day. I panicked because i thought they were canceling at the last momemt. All i can recommend is trying your best to stick to any diet restrictions they have told you about and read as much about pre-op surgery etc and attend support group meetings in person and on here. I too live in illinios. Are you having your surgery at"barnes hospital or at a weight loss surgical center? Just curious if we have same dr. Hope you are having a good day
donna

Thank you Donna

Thank you so much for replying. Sometimes I feel that no one really understands how stressful this is for me, at least family wise. I don't get out much other than to my appointments due to my size and other medical problems. I have to travel 2.5 hours to the University of Chicago Center for the surgical treatment of obesity in Chicago Illinois. My doctor is Dr. Hussain, he is the closest doctor who would accept me as I am considered the "super morbidly obese". He has been such a great doctor so far, he seems to really care. I am so grateful to have found this sight, I've been on an off here the last two days just reading and reading. Thanks again
Julie

Welcome, Julie! Glad to have you here! I was fortunate that I didn't have too long to sit and wait to get a date...it was scheduled at the first (and only) surgeon's visit. It did take 10 months to do all the "jumping through hoops" that comes along with getting approved. My surgery is in a little over 12 hours from now. I am so excited, and you will be too when your day comes. Hang in there!

Good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you. And we'll be waiting for your new update when you get home. Hug...Nothing as good as being a Loser!!!!

Hi Julie, I was the exact same way. I kept myself busy looking up information and sampling different protein shakes and bars. I am still so anxious and exited at the same time so I totally understand how you feel.

Thanks zzvazquez, I didn't even think of sampling different brands of protein shakes, I assumed they would pretty much all be the same. I had done a finance report with a particular name but have never tried it, just looked at costs.

Julie Chicago is a6 hour drive from where I live, I AM GLAD you found a dr that is kind to you and that your dream to becoming a healthier you is gonna happen. I know what it's like to stay in and not want to participate in outings etc. but things are gonna get a lot better for you. your health will improve and so will your energy level. I love this room I'm found so much support, great idea's and receipes and I love reading others journey's and learning from them. please come back often, we're here to listen and to offer as much support as possible. Don't give up God wants good things for you. Hope you are having a good evening. I need to go cook for my kids, catch up with you later.
Donna'7;00pm here

Back