• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello Everyone

My name is Pamela Shaw and I have joined this WLS support site due to my work schedule limiting me in finding a local support group. I have always battled weight problems, even as a child. I have lost 100+ pounds on my own on two different occasions. The catch was that both times I was laid off of work for over a year and I spent two hours in the gym everyday. Now that I am older and back to work, all the weight plus some extra came back. So after hard thinking, I finally sought help with my doctor to get WLS. I am tired of all of the yoyoing with different diets and weight changes. Ihave done some of the required things and I am currently in my fourth month of doctor supervised weight loss attempt...only two more months to go. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I would really appreciate any tips, advice, or information that anyone can give me concerning the whole WLS procedure.

Hi prettygirl! Welcome aboard. You've found the best place in the cyberworld for "tips, advice, or information" on WLS. If you cruise around the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask. Someone here is always happy to help.:)

Welcome, prettygirl. What kind of surgery are you thinking about? I agree there is a wealth of information as you move around the site and the people are nice and friendly. And pretty honest, I must say. No one will sugar-coat anything for you.

Hi Pamala, Welcome. I know exactly how you feel. For years I worked seasonally and every late fall/winter/early spring I would spend at least 2 hours a day at the gyme to keep my weight off, after I started working full time I yoyo dieted for years losing some then gaining twice as much back every time, until I finally reached 325 +/- in 2010 I decided I had had enough and I needed to do something before I dropped dead of a heart attack, I had high PB and cholestorol so it was just a matter of time. I had a few rough spots along the way and learned some hard lessons but I would not change a thing.

Try to find a local support group that you can go to 3 or 4 times a year just so you can meet some people and see how they are doing and hear there stories told in their voice, you will appriciate it. Follow all the doctors instructions and write down questions as they pop up in your head so you don't forget. And keep checking in here when you can especially if you can't make it to a local support group, there are a great bunch of folks here to help out in any way they can and we are also here to listen when you need to vent. It can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster ride at times. :cool: Tom

Back