• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello my friends !

I had my gastric bypass on 12/19/2013 at the Penn State Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA. I look forward to meeting fellow bariatric friends and am anxious to get started, learn a lot, and share stories with everyone ! Love to hear from you ! :D

Welcome to the group. This is a great source of info. Congrats on your surgery keep us posted on your progress.

I had my gastric bypass on 12/19/2013 at the Penn State Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA. I look forward to meeting fellow bariatric friends and am anxious to get started, learn a lot, and share stories with everyone ! Love to hear from you ! :D

WELCOME Michele!!! Glad you have joined the forum. How are you feeling? :)

I am doing ok since my surgery, I got on the scale this morning and have lost 9 pounds since surgery. I guess that's good. I am still really scared of failing, I hope that feeling gets lesser and lesser. Anyone else have that paranoia????

Hi Michele, I am about a month out myself. It is a challenge to figure it all out and walk it out...how to get in all the protein and water that I need, etc. But we will learn, yes? ~twill

Welcome Michele, your paranoia is normal. It does get easier as you go along. With the tool you've been given, you can and will succeed, as long as you stick to the plan. You're off to a very good start. I would suggest weighing once a week or every other week, and measure yourself at the same time. Getting on the scale every day, like I did, is not good, because there will be days when your weight goes up. It's normal, so don't worry about it. Measuring yourself is important, especially when you hit a stall in weight loss. We all hit a stall while our bodies try to adjust to the new you. Usually it's because our bodies are building new muscle mass, which by volume, weighs more than fat. So while the scale may not move, the inches keep coming off. I hit a six week stall, just after I started at the gym, I didn't lose any weight and then I realized that I'd lost almost six inches from my waist during that time. Losing inches is as important as losing the weight. Please remember, you will only fail if you quit getting up and working the plan after you make a mistake. I've made my share of mistakes, but I'm still getting up every time and making progress.

Frank

:cool:

Welcome.

You will do fine.

Just keep coming to the forum. Ask questions all the time.

Tell us your experiences.

Compare with what everyone else is doing.

You will do fine.

follow the guidelines.

Protein first, drink plenty of fluids.

Don't worry about calories, just the protein grams for you 60.

Listen to your Doctor's advice and your nutritionist.

If you have a local support group, then join it and attend meetings.

Ralph

Back