• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello

sweetness

This is my first post. I have done well with my weight loss. All I did was follow the rules and went from a 3X to a size 6. I did not like everything about my journey but did it anyway. I do have a problem with gas. I watch what I eat and the problem just stays with me. I thought it was just part of the surgery. After doing some reading I have determined that might not be the case. I would appreciate any information you could offer. Looking forward to making new friends and sharing information Be Blessed
Sweetness

Hi Sweetness,

Welcome to the group. My sister had the gastric bypass in 2009 she too has a lot of gas. She said hers was from the surgery. I had the gastric sleeve in Feb of this year and so far only certain vegetables cause me gas. Have you tried gas-x it may help. Hope you continue to come here often. There are many great people here with a lot of info to share. Be Blessed.

TillieS

I learned recently that certain probiotics cause more gas than others, so I'm paying more attention to that. I too have a lot of gas and when I mention it to the bariatric staff, they seem surprised and ask me if I'm eating gassy foods. Well, duh. I expect to have gas with gassy foods, but this is beyond normal.

Thank you for your replies.I have tried GAS X it gives very little if any relief. I was told to try Beano. I will but I don,t have much faith in that either.Thanks for caring.
Barbara

This is my first post. I have done well with my weight loss. All I did was follow the rules and went from a 3X to a size 6. I did not like everything about my journey but did it anyway. I do have a problem with gas. I watch what I eat and the problem just stays with me. I thought it was just part of the surgery. After doing some reading I have determined that might not be the case. I would appreciate any information you could offer. Looking forward to making new friends and sharing information Be Blessed
Sweetness

Hi Sweetness: Welcome I am happy you find this group. I have the bypass surgery on 5/2/14 eventhough it's only been one month and 2 weeks I can relate to your problems with gas because I am having the same problems I try everything so far for Gas nothing works for me yet and I do believe it has to do with the surgery, other than that I am doing well continue to be bless.

Joygirl55:)

Thank you for your comments. I do believe you are correct. You will love your weight lose. I know I do. Take one day at a time and before you know it you will reach your goal. I am going to continue to find help for this gad though. lol

I have just learned of a product that I ordered online. The name is Devrom. It is a internal deorderant. The comments made were very positive. It is chewable. If it works I will share it from the roof top. LOL It is FDA approved.

Back