• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help me..im scared i cant do it.

I think if you make a list of pros and cons you can see why you’re doing this. My personal list would be
pro: less to no chronic pain, no more risk of diabetes, physical freedom, shopping anywhere for clothes, being more active, keeping up with my kids, more energy, less medication, better physical relationship with my husband, improved body image, role model for my children, not feeling disgustingly overfilled from eating too much

cons: temporary pain from surgery, taking a break from foods I enjoy (but they’ll be reintroduced when the time is right), no wine for a year

So really, all of my cons are temporary-none of them last forever, but my pros will be always. For me it’s a no brainer, but everyone is different! You have to make your own list and figure out what’s best for you.
Awesome!!! Your pros and cons are very similar to mine with the exception of children (i have no kiddos ) and wine (dont drink ) . Do you have recommendations on what to eat/drink in the beginning stages? Thanks for all of your advice!!! Please feel free to give me info cause im totally dumb at this point. I do have a seminar scheduled in May.

Good Morning Dakotabear & RMezzo, (and Everyone Else) I read your posts and gathered that you both were worried about your age. As others posted, some of us are older BUT we want our quality of life to change for the better. I am 70 years old and asked the Dr. if he thought that I was too old to undergo this surgery. He said that he has many patients older than me! I realize that I might not bounce back as fast as I would have 30 years ago BUT this is now and I will give it my best shot. Keep reading the posts on this board, these experienced people who have had the surgery can answer so many questions while others like us in the "waiting room" can calm our fears reading and rereading the posts. I have my surgery scheduled for next Wednesday and will let you know how it goes.

Good Morning Dakotabear & RMezzo, (and Everyone Else) I read your posts and gathered that you both were worried about your age. As others posted, some of us are older BUT we want our quality of life to change for the better. I am 70 years old and asked the Dr. if he thought that I was too old to undergo this surgery. He said that he has many patients older than me! I realize that I might not bounce back as fast as I would have 30 years ago BUT this is now and I will give it my best shot. Keep reading the posts on this board, these experienced people who have had the surgery can answer so many questions while others like us in the "waiting room" can calm our fears reading and rereading the posts. I have my surgery scheduled for next Wednesday and will let you know how it goes.
This is so inspiring. My father was a very young 84 when he passed away from a fall that caused TBI. Had he not been a drinker, he would have even seemed younger. I think I'm following in his genetic footsteps, at least I hope I am, as mom passed at 51. So I'm at this strange juncture where I'm trying to gauge my own age. My husband is 65 and I'm 53. I suppose the best way to stop worrying about age is to just keep living and thinking young!

Back