• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

HELP - Need Immediate Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

robergnm

I've been burping pretty much all day & my mind it racing to every possible negative, awful thing I can imagine.

Anyone have this problem 4 days post surg?

I did have dumping twice - oncew liquid children's tylenol - 2nd plain greek yogurt w/ sugar free orange jello & pulverized pears & peaches

Hi Mary, I didn't expeince burping just really bad gas, it may be associated with your dumping. Did you puree the fruit, I didn't try any fruit until three weeks out, the natural surgars may have contributed to the dumping, some of us are more sensative to dumping than others. Have you tried gas ex, burping is usually caused by air in the tummy, that may have happened with the dumping, I know it is saturday but if you doctor has a 24 hour number give them a call, I am sure everything is ok but might as well be safe. Tom

Like Tom said you should try to contact your doctor. Burping usually doesn't cause a reason to panic unless you are having discomfort with it like chest pain or breathing issues but call the doc anyway. 4 days post surgery I was still on liquids so maybe the fruit is causing the issue. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Spoke with my husband's cousin this afternoon. We went through what I ate & it made sense.
Lessons learned, doing better now - thank goodness.

I'm glad I talked to him. Feeling very foggy from meds; pick your poison the side effects from the oral oxycondone & take the meds that make me foggy.

Gas X to the rescue & more fluids - woot, woot!.

Glad you are feeling better. I think having the fruit and the yogurt so early after surgery is what would have caused the dumping and the burping. Stay hydrated drink your fluids and try and get some protein in too. Please keep us posted

Hi i had what i couldnt believe so much gas for better than a week. It seemed nothing i did relieved it. Part of my problem was some constipation. Altho i did a combination of walking, baking soda per the pcks instructions, avoiding any gas producing foods. If you surgery used the laparoscopy technigue the gas is best relieved by walking. Be sure you talk to your med. team. Elaine

Quite a bit has happened since then.

Sun - trip to ER - huge areas of hot, red skin around 2 incision sites; one growing larger & larger in size; the other one felt like it had a hard cooked egg underneath.
Monitoring, fluids, visits with surgeon at ER & they followed up with mine; appt made for Mon w/my surgeon; diagnoso cellulitis.

Mon - Surg opened entire incision w/egg underneath, cleaned out & cultured fluid.
Surg opened the other incision, 1 of 3 or 4 sutures; loaded w/ceres fluid, also took sample of fluid to culture.

Showed us how to pack them & keep them clean to prevent infection.
Provided w/Rx for levaquin for 5 days as precaution until results of cultures know.

Hi robergnm, sorry to hear about the cellulitis. These things do happen. Now is the time for protein to help you heal. Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back