• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi, I'm new and just starting my journey before surgery.

daru615

Been to my first consultation and already been seen by my dietician. Have my other appointments set to go.

Hi. We are at the same place in the journey and starting from the same weight. I have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy first because I am 50 and have had bad reflux... hopefully this will be scheduled on 2/26. I am anxious to get the surgery scheduled. I am very excited!

Hi gerbils8118

I have to have tests done by cardiologist, pulmonary and phyc. All appts. are scheduled, just have to get thru them before the dr will schedule a surgery date. Also need to lose 15 lbs. already lost 4. Are you on a special diet? I have to drink 1 shake a day for three weeks, then two a day until surgery is scheduled, then 3 a day 2 weeks before surgery. Sure sounds like a long time.

Hi. We are at the same place in the journey and starting from the same weight. I have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy first because I am 50 and have had bad reflux... hopefully this will be scheduled on 2/26. I am anxious to get the surgery scheduled. I am very excited!

Wow. I haven't even read about a special preoperative diet other than the 6 month supervised. I guess it will help get you set for the pistol protein shakes. It's not related to a medical condition?

I had my psych clearance this morning.

I haven' t even read about a preoperative diet. Is it related to a medical condition? I have done the 6 months supervised diet with Weight Watchers. At least the protein shakes postoperative won' t be a new thing for you. Do you I have anyone living a t home to help you after surgery?

I had to do a special diet 2 weeks pre-op. To get the liver smaller, for when they do the Roux ne y. Laperscpically. I know that wasn't spelled right. But, a lot of Drs. are different. Good Luck.

Welcome gerbils wishing you much success as your begin your new journey to a healthier and happier you. This site is a very resourceful one.donna

Lcome daru 615 you're going through alot now, but it's well worth it in the long run, wishing you much success, i love this site it has alot to offer and is very helpful. Donna

Hi

:eek: my husband is here to help. My drs are very good. I m getting the sleeve. I have asthma, sleep apnea, diabetes, high blood pressure, I guess that's why all the tests. I have to eat 1200 calories and 65gr of protein a day. Also I am 69.

Back