• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi Im New Lapband and to website

Flkitten

Hi my name is Laycee. I had my Lap Band surgery @ palms of passadena hospital in St. Petersburg fl. Dr. Jessee was my Surgeon. I have not had a fill in my band yet to do to another surgery that i was scheduled for and did have Dec 6th, 2011 to have my left kidney removed because of cancer. My weight has gone up and down in the pass few weeks and also im still having problems with eating. Still a work in progress. I hope to get my first fill on Jan 9th :) Will post again once i see the doctor. looking to make new friends and help build up a support group. I live about 3 hours north of St pete in Gainesville and Im unable to attend the support group meetings there. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to become friends and share your story with me.

Thank You,
Laycee

Welsome Laycee. My name is Tom. I had the RnY up in Medford Oregon. I have friends with the Band and a mixed support group in Yreka CA where I live. Sounds like a rough start so I am glad to hear you are doing well now. You are doing great with the weight loss, most of the people with the Band in one of my groups say after about a year they have the band adjusted to where it needs to be, some sooner some longer. Keep up the good work and let us know how it is going. :cool:Tom

Welcome Laycee. I am excited that you are here. I hope things begin improving for you. I am sorry to hear about the Cancer and pray that all goes well with what you have been going through and will go through. I hope your upcoming appointment on the 9th goes well. I have had one fill and noticed the next day, that I felt more full again. I haven't had much luck with loosing weight like I hoped. I was hopeful to loosed 1 lb a week, but have struggled. Now that the holidays are done, I hope to get more on track again. This support on line will help all of us I hope.

Welcome Laycee! My name is Jenny I am 35 yrs old and am having gastric by-pass on January 20th!!! Let me just say that god bless you for all that you are going through! I am sure now that all of the procedures are done you will do amazing! good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Back