• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

hi new here

Good Luck, with the upcoming surgery ~~ it's really not too bad, only a few days in the hospital post surgery.....

Keep us posted !!

I'm about 3 1/2 weeks out now and feeling wonderful. Be sure to have protein drinks or powders you have TRIED at home before you go to the hospital. I have found Slim Fast Low Carb 20g bottles wonderful to keep on hand. Handy because they are available everywhere in chocolate or vanilla. Order some sampler packs from other companies like Unjury to try out and get you started. I also had sugar free pudding stored up. I took my own pillow and a super soft fleece throw with me to the hospital - really felt special! AND remember that each phase - be it pain after surgery or a few weeks of liquids or whatever - only lasts for a short period of time. Keep your eye on the big picture. Do searches for blogs, before and after success photos and be sure to take your own photos so you can encourage others in the future!

pjhays-Welcome to the forum. I haven't had my surgery yet either. There is a wonderful group of ppl here that share their experience. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Just be sure to come back to visit often and let us know how you are doing.

welcome pjhays! My name is Jennifer, I am having surgery on January 20th. I found this site a few weeks ago and I love it! people are awesome on here. good luck with your surgery!

Welcome to the group! You are going to find there are so many friendly people on here and everyone is so willing to help and offer words of advice. Let us know how everything is going for you and best wishes with your surgery.

Back