• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Home from hospital................

P_Powell

Hello everyone, my surgery for Gastric sleeve was Sept 7th. I'm feeling pretty miserable. Was in severe pain this morning and called my surgeon's Nurse Practioner, She told me to double up on the liquid Lortab's and call in the morning. I also feel pressure which I told her about and she said my sleeve may be having spasms in it. It makes it difficult to do my liquid diet so we will see come morning what they say. I know it's even affecting my lower back making it want to hurt. If anyone else has had this to happen to them please post cause I don't want anything abnormal to be happening to me. I am kinda worried.~~~~~~~~~~~p_Powell (Pat):(

P_Powell, Some discomfort and not being able to drink a lot of fluids for the first 1 or 2 weeks after surgery is normal. If after doubling up on your pain meds did not bring your pain down to a manageable level it's time to make an appointment to see the surgeon. It's going to take more than a week for all of the stapled areas to heal so some discomfort is expected. Make sure to get enough sleep too since it helps the heaing process. Please come back to the forum to keep us posted on how you're feeling.

Pat99, you are so precious. I don't know you personally but you still have a way about yourself to make folks feel so much better,I know you have helped me tremendously. It's Monday morning and I'm having to call my surgeon's office to find out what time on Thursday he can see me.(when discharged yesterday,he told me to call his staff about a time Thursday)so that's what I'm doing. I feel alot better than I did the entire weekend.Again I thank you for your kind words,it is deeply appreciated.:D

Back