• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Home!

Wow I am home. I fell pretty good but let me tell you getting my drains pulled out this morning was a one of a kind adventure. My blood sugar Has never been low before and I was never diagnosed with diabetes but with my pcos they always ran high-well the day after surgery they start checking my bs with a finger prick and it hasn't gone above 77 since Friday. In fact yesterday night they were so worried (I was 66) that the nurses called my surgeon at his home and I was given a whole juice box and told I had to drink two ounces then right away. When they did the half hour recheck I had home up to 75. Then I was told to finish the juice through the night. It's been 77 all day today but they think it's just my body figuring out what to do without the insulin rush it's always wanting or something and it should work itself out. So far I am on puréed foods now and nothing has caused me to much upset but I honestly have only eaten about four tablespoon of food since Thursday. I'm a little over cautious because of my issues from surgery day. Right now I'm finally in my own bed and have said my hellos to my fur babies and I am exhausted. I had to drive through cruddy weather to two different pharmacies for my pain med Hyacet (basically Tylenol with codiene) and the first pharmacy had no idea what it was. Finally got it and it cost 65 out of pocket! Crazy I think but this one giant bottle should last me ages. They also have me on a pill for my stomach to avoid ulcers and my surgeons vitamin perscription that I won't start for another two weeks. Loved the staff at me hospital and would recommend them to anyone.

Wow I am home. I fell pretty good but let me tell you getting my drains pulled out this morning was a one of a kind adventure. My blood sugar Has never been low before and I was never diagnosed with diabetes but with my pcos they always ran high-well the day after surgery they start checking my bs with a finger prick and it hasn't gone above 77 since Friday. In fact yesterday night they were so worried (I was 66) that the nurses called my surgeon at his home and I was given a whole juice box and told I had to drink two ounces then right away. When they did the half hour recheck I had home up to 75. Then I was told to finish the juice through the night. It's been 77 all day today but they think it's just my body figuring out what to do without the insulin rush it's always wanting or something and it should work itself out. So far I am on puréed foods now and nothing has caused me to much upset but I honestly have only eaten about four tablespoon of food since Thursday. I'm a little over cautious because of my issues from surgery day. Right now I'm finally in my own bed and have said my hellos to my fur babies and I am exhausted. I had to drive through cruddy weather to two different pharmacies for my pain med Hyacet (basically Tylenol with codiene) and the first pharmacy had no idea what it was. Finally got it and it cost 65 out of pocket! Crazy I think but this one giant bottle should last me ages. They also have me on a pill for my stomach to avoid ulcers and my surgeons vitamin perscription that I won't start for another two weeks. Loved the staff at me hospital and would recommend them to anyone.

Glad you are home safe and sound! :) Your blood sugar sure is doing great!

Welcome home, it is so great to get home after surgery. I'm surprised that you're on pureed food already. My surgeon wouldn't let me have pureed for two weeks. Oh well, good luck and let us know if you need any help.

Frank

:cool:

I'm glad the bad weather didn't delay your surgery. My blood sugar was super low in the hospital too (not diabetic) and they were pushing IVs with sugar and told me to drink Gatorade instead of water.

Thanks everyone yes my surgeon had me be on clear liquids for two days ( normally he only has 1 but since I had a complication..) then I moved to full liquids and now for the next two-three weeks I am on puréed it's pretty limited only protein sources and liquids but it feels like a lot. My first check in is on the 17th I think so I am looking forward to seeing how it has gone since.

Back