• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

hope

slucas

This is the first time I have done any posting of any kind. I am about to start a new part of my life on June 17. I am nervous that I will not lose any weight but know in my head that the surgery is what can help. A small stomach can only hold so much and I do not like getting sick, so I my hopeful this will help keep me on track.

Welcome to the forum. Not only will you lose weight, but you will begin to do things you forgot you love to do. come back often along your journey. Congratulations on your decision to make postive changes in your life.

Hi Slucas and welcome to the board. WLS is a tool that can help you be successful in your weight loss efforts. Make sure you understand the plan provided by your doctor and nutritionist and you will be successful. Start making those changes now. Also, there will be plateaus, stalls or whatever you want to call them, along the way. That is normal, do not stress out. Don't just step on the scale, measure yourself before surgery and once a week or so and you'll be amazed at the results. Good luck and keep us informed. BTW I'm in Wake Forest and I used Dr. Enochs in Cary to do the surgery.

Frank

:cool:

I am in Apex and Dr. Brandon Roy is my surgeon. I will be having my surgery Monday at Wakemed Cary Healthplex. I have bought a new pair of shoes for walking, I am excited to get started. I work 3rd shift and will not give of sleep for the support meeting so I am very happy about using this site.

I had my surgery there as well. Very good place, they treat you very well. Good luck on Monday, I'll be thinking of you. If you have any questions, just let us know.

Frank

:cool:

Hi slucas, and welcome. I live in Holly Springs! I just had surgery on Monday so we're close in location and in surgery dates. Such a small world. Wake med Cary is a great hospital. Please keep us posted on your progress. Just a few more days to go :) Good luck
-Jenny

Back