• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hospital stay

I just got my official approval letter yesterday from my insurance. They approved one day at the hospital.
That sounds a bit scary to me having the bypass and the hiatal hernia repair.
Has anyone who had the bypass stayed just one night in the hospital?
Thanks, Mimi
This is what my insurance also said. I am scheduled to my surgery next month. I was wondering the same thing

This is what my insurance also said. I am scheduled to my surgery next month. I was wondering the same thing
Hi Cherrie,
I only stayed one night and was thrilled to come home and sleep in my own bed. I had laparoscopic RNY so the incisions were small. I didn't have a hernia repair or any complications.

Hi Cherrie,
I only stayed one night and was thrilled to come home and sleep in my own bed. I had laparoscopic RNY so the incisions were small. I didn't have a hernia repair or any complications.
That's really great to hear. RNY is also what I am going to have done laparoscopic. I am really excited to have the surgery. Just a little scary. Your comments give me hope for my surgery. Thank you for sharing

That's really great to hear. RNY is also what I am going to have done laparoscopic. I am really excited to have the surgery. Just a little scary. Your comments give me hope for my surgery. Thank you for sharing

Absolutely. It's totally understandable to be a little nervous. I was both excited and nervous too. If you haven't already read it, I posted my surgery day experience a while ago: My Surgery Day Experience

This may help so you know what to expect. :)

Absolutely. It's totally understandable to be a little nervous. I was both excited and nervous too. If you haven't already read it, I posted my surgery day experience a while ago: My Surgery Day Experience

This may help so you know what to expect. :)
Thank you so much. It really does help knowing someone is here and willing to help you through the process that has already been through it. I go Wednesday got an EKG and chest x-ray. Then the 24 of this month to talk to the surgeon again. Have some more tests that day at the hospital

Back