• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How do we deal with people that don’t agree

I don’t feel he likes me much anyway
That's really sad, I'm sorry. Then I wouldn't give it a second thought, inform him about your intentions but do not allow any opinions to permeate. You don't need him to do this, you'll do fine all by yourself. Psych yourself up, completely wrap your head around your decision and get excited! Take your life back, your health and self-esteem. You will discover so many things about yourself on this journey. One may be that you shouldn't be with him. You deserve to be loved and cherished. If he doesn't see that, he doesn't deserve you. You starting this process shows that you're ready to start loving yourself. And we're here for support along the way. Congratulations!!!

That's really sad, I'm sorry. Then I wouldn't give it a second thought, inform him about your intentions but do not allow any opinions to permeate. You don't need him to do this, you'll do fine all by yourself. Psych yourself up, completely wrap your head around your decision and get excited! Take your life back, your health and self-esteem. You will discover so many things about yourself on this journey. One may be that you shouldn't be with him. You deserve to be loved and cherished. If he doesn't see that, he doesn't deserve you. You starting this process shows that you're ready to start loving yourself. And we're here for support along the way. Congratulations!!!
I agree big time and I’ve been considering divorce but I’m told that I’m going to need help when I get home from the hospital

I am married. This must be very hard for you. I think you should tell him since you live together and to speak your truth about taking control of your life.

Be positive about your outcome if and when you speak to him. Letting him know you are preparing for a new you. Since you are already considering divorce, it seems there is already is finality to your relationship.

To me that’s a lot to take on mentally at one time surgery, concurring food addiction and a divorce. But you know better then anyone your mental capacity for those challenges

I needed help after my surgery and my husband was a big help. He has watched my struggles with my weight and was happy I found a tool.

We are all here to help support you!

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!! OMG - all of this is so true!!!!!!! dump the weight AND him!!!! :) You deserve the BEST!

I am married. This must be very hard for you. I think you should tell him since you live together and to speak your truth about taking control of your life.

Be positive about your outcome if and when you speak to him. Letting him know you are preparing for a new you. Since you are already considering divorce, it seems there is already is finality to your relationship.

To me that’s a lot to take on mentally at one time surgery, concurring food addiction and a divorce. But you know better then anyone your mental capacity for those challenges

I needed help after my surgery and my husband was a big help. He has watched my struggles with my weight and was happy I found a tool.

We are all here to help support you!
Thanks

Hi Bdeidra,
I’m sorry you’re going through this but what really matters is how much you love yourself? If you love yourself enough to make this sacrifice to enjoy life then does how he feels really matter. If he comes around fine but if he doesn’t are you willing to allow this opportunity to make your life the best it can be lost? Remember only you can make yourself happy and we can’t make anyone else happy if they’re not happy with themselves.

Back