• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How is everyone doing?

Ange6012

Hi All,

I'm doing pretty well 8 weeks post op. Still struggling with protein but I think I may have finally figured it out lol...again. Yesterday I had well over 80 grams, let's see if I can do it again lol.
Food is ok, really only having dinner but watching what that dinner is. Yesterday I did have lunch, 2 beyond chicken tenders with 1 tbsp of sf BBQ sauce. 1 would have been enough but it was good.

Tonight's dinner is from the Bariatric Slow Cooker cookbook, Creole Chicken and Sausage. I posted it in the recipe section along with the link to the Creole seasoning blend I'm using.
Haven't gotten on the scale but I just went through clothes and ALL 3x shirts and size 22 pants are gone. The size 2x is sometimes huge, sometimes ok but for now I'm comfy in them. I'm not a tight fitted clothes kinda girl.

Well time to jump on the computer for work. I have a meeting at 1pm. I want to get my head where it needs to be for it. Automating Collections for one of the company's I work for. (I personally do not believe Collections should be automated but hey, I'm not the one making the call. I'm just tge one helping with the wording of the letters that will go out.) Have a great day everyone.

Staying massively busy after having an exhaustion break. Time to catch up. But at a reasonable pace. I got this. I even am calling for help. Tired of working on my own. Food and drink intake was poor today but I will work on it better tomorrow. Got the scale back up and running for morning weigh in before group video call. I got this. Hoping for good numbers tomorrow. Pharmacist saw me today and said I am looking better all the time. That felt so good she has been taking care of me since 88. Great lady.

Staying massively busy after having an exhaustion break. Time to catch up. But at a reasonable pace. I got this. I even am calling for help. Tired of working on my own. Food and drink intake was poor today but I will work on it better tomorrow. Got the scale back up and running for morning weigh in before group video call. I got this. Hoping for good numbers tomorrow. Pharmacist saw me today and said I am looking better all the time. That felt so good she has been taking care of me since 88. Great lady.
Good job! It seems for us uts a daily struggle to get our intake on track. Yes you got this! Yesterday was a big FAIL for me after being so confident in the morning. My problem probably like most is getting busy and not getting in what I need.
You got this is right!! Great to hear how you are doing!

Hi All,

I'm doing pretty well 8 weeks post op. Still struggling with protein but I think I may have finally figured it out lol...again. Yesterday I had well over 80 grams, let's see if I can do it again lol.
Food is ok, really only having dinner but watching what that dinner is. Yesterday I did have lunch, 2 beyond chicken tenders with 1 tbsp of sf BBQ sauce. 1 would have been enough but it was good.

Tonight's dinner is from the Bariatric Slow Cooker cookbook, Creole Chicken and Sausage. I posted it in the recipe section along with the link to the Creole seasoning blend I'm using.
Haven't gotten on the scale but I just went through clothes and ALL 3x shirts and size 22 pants are gone. The size 2x is sometimes huge, sometimes ok but for now I'm comfy in them. I'm not a tight fitted clothes kinda girl.

Well time to jump on the computer for work. I have a meeting at 1pm. I want to get my head where it needs to be for it. Automating Collections for one of the company's I work for. (I personally do not believe Collections should be automated but hey, I'm not the one making the call. I'm just tge one helping with the wording of the letters that will go out.) Have a great day everyone.
Yay you for staying aware and on track as much as is humanly possible, which means flaws and all lol. NSVs like smaller clothes are so much fun and rewarding. Thanks again for those yummy sounding recipes.

Happy to hear you are doing so well! I am, too! Well, except that my husband and I tested positive for Covid this week. I had been sick since 7/1, took a covid test 7/2 and it was negative. So I went about life, wearing a mask in public as a courtesy, cough got worse due to asthma, got prednisone... then hubby started to not feel well this past Monday, while I'm still coughing, and he took a covid test-positive. I retook one, also positive. We don't know if that's what I had all along or if it started as something else and then covid hit me when my immune system was low. I started an antibiotic yesterday for bronchitis and sinus infection. We'll be back among the healthy before too long.

I am also able to eat whatever I've been trying, which of course also means I have to be extra mindful so I don't fall back into bad habits since nothing bothers me to-date. I had some bloodwork done last Friday with some NSVs! My cholesterol readings were all within normal, my blood glucose normal, my A1C was 5.7 which is the lowest marker for pre-diabetes. I want to knock that one down completely out of the pre-diabetic risk range. Hoping that happens with continued weight loss. My B12 was sky high. PCP said to reduce my supplement, but that's not a good option since it is in my multi-vitamins! I was encouraged by the early bloodwork post op!

Happy to hear you are doing so well! I am, too! Well, except that my husband and I tested positive for Covid this week. I had been sick since 7/1, took a covid test 7/2 and it was negative. So I went about life, wearing a mask in public as a courtesy, cough got worse due to asthma, got prednisone... then hubby started to not feel well this past Monday, while I'm still coughing, and he took a covid test-positive. I retook one, also positive. We don't know if that's what I had all along or if it started as something else and then covid hit me when my immune system was low. I started an antibiotic yesterday for bronchitis and sinus infection. We'll be back among the healthy before too long.

I am also able to eat whatever I've been trying, which of course also means I have to be extra mindful so I don't fall back into bad habits since nothing bothers me to-date. I had some bloodwork done last Friday with some NSVs! My cholesterol readings were all within normal, my blood glucose normal, my A1C was 5.7 which is the lowest marker for pre-diabetes. I want to knock that one down completely out of the pre-diabetic risk range. Hoping that happens with continued weight loss. My B12 was sky high. PCP said to reduce my supplement, but that's not a good option since it is in my multi-vitamins! I was encouraged by the early bloodwork post op!
Sorry to hear about the double covid diagnosis. Hope it passes quickly with good healing vibes sent y'all's way.

I have my yearly blood panel work coming up; I'll probably go tomorrow. My 1 year bariatric dr visit is coming up in a week and a half. Hopefully I've gone from obese bmi to overweight bmi. I know it's just a number, but I crave their approval and positive feedback. Can't wait!

Hopefully you can find a multivitamin that won't have such a high amount of B12. My levels were high at my 6 month visit, so now I take my B12 sublingual every other day, the same days as my prescription iron & vitamin C regimen.

Glad you are doing so well. Congrats!

Dang double covid May you have a swift recovery.

Sorry to hear about the Covid. Seems to be on the uptick again. GREAT JOB on the bloods!!!

Hi All,

Congrats on the 2X!!! Well done :) We are about to be leaving UT (we travel full time) after being here for 1.5 years to travel back to Vegas. My husband has been off work for a couple months but will be going back in early September which I’m a little sad about because I’ve been enjoying all this family time. Two weeks after we get moved we will be taking a trip to TX for a couple weeks to visit family so I’m excited about that. However, I’m trying to figure out how to travel without a gallbladder now :/ I’m sick almost every single morning. I see a lot of stops in our near future!

Congrats on the 2X!!! Well done :) We are about to be leaving UT (we travel full time) after being here for 1.5 years to travel back to Vegas. My husband has been off work for a couple months but will be going back in early September which I’m a little sad about because I’ve been enjoying all this family time. Two weeks after we get moved we will be taking a trip to TX for a couple weeks to visit family so I’m excited about that. However, I’m trying to figure out how to travel without a gallbladder now :/ I’m sick almost every single morning. I see a lot of stops in our near future!
I am a little farther out on having my gallbladder out, 10 weeks. When you say you are sick most mornings, is this upset stomach or bowel related issues? My stomach seems fine post gallbladder removal, but there are some mornings where I'm in the bathroom 2-3 times. I would say it has gotten noticeably better as my body adjusts. I wasn't even sure if it was gallbladder related or just digestion issues as my body adapts to the new me. There are some products that you can purchase for emergency roadside relief that you may want to have handy when traveling as your own body adapts. Safe travels!

I am a little farther out on having my gallbladder out, 10 weeks. When you say you are sick most mornings, is this upset stomach or bowel related issues? My stomach seems fine post gallbladder removal, but there are some mornings where I'm in the bathroom 2-3 times. I would say it has gotten noticeably better as my body adjusts. I wasn't even sure if it was gallbladder related or just digestion issues as my body adapts to the new me. There are some products that you can purchase for emergency roadside relief that you may want to have handy when traveling as your own body adapts. Safe travels!
Along with the diarrhea my stomach hurts with it but only sometimes. I have taken Imodium on a daily basis to help but I’m trying to find a balance of how much because if I over do it then I’ll end up constipated. So yeah, a lot of fun lol!

I still have my gallbladder yet I'm using the bathroom multiple times a day. Which before my bypass I went maybe 1x per week. So is it possible this is bariatric surgery related as opposed to gallbladder?

Back