• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How Many pounds are you down

Hi, my name is Sherry. So far I have lost 78 pounds since my gastric bypass surgery June 12,2017 . I use to dread getting on the scales but now I look forward to getting on the scales to see how much I have lost. I never thought I'd say that. LOL. Having a hard time coming up with different recipes that I can eat now. Anybody have any suggestions?

Hi, my name is Sherry. So far I have lost 78 pounds since my gastric bypass surgery June 12,2017 . I use to dread getting on the scales but now I look forward to getting on the scales to see how much I have lost. I never thought I'd say that. LOL. Having a hard time coming up with different recipes that I can eat now. Anybody have any suggestions?
You are doing great, Sherry. Keep it up. I too struggle with recipes that I can eat. I find myself eating a lot of chicken breasts and salads with protein. Very boring. :eek:

Good going. I too have arthritis in my back as well as degeneration. Injections and PT did nothing for it, but as soon as I began getting this weight off, I began feeling 100% better. I'm sure you will feel better and better as your weight comes off too. Keep it up.
I tried injection once...had me twitching like a biology class frog. Never again. I tried pt as well, twice. The good thing was the heat pads and massages. The exercise -blah. I will still do exercises cause I pray I won't need a skin tuck. But the weight loss surgery was definitely my best bet.

I get back injections, they do work for me for a while, but can always tell when I'm due for them, my lower back Is feeling much better since the weight loss, but my upper back and neck still need some help, I started a different job at my school yesterday and my back is killing me right now, I am in a MDS class and have to use more muscles than my other job, ugh, trying to think positive

Since my surgery on June 12, 2017 I have lost 74 pounds. I feel like I should be losing more. I put on a pair of pants the other day and took two steps and they fell down to my ankles. When I sit now things aren't comfortable anymore. I guess it's because I don't have as much cushion back there as I used to. Thinking about cutting out one meal a day to loose faster.

Sherry, your surgery was a week before mine, and I'm only at a loss of 54 lbs. Granted I've had a few speed bumps as I'm just now allowed soft foods but I think your doing great and your on track for more loss as you go forward. Don't let the scale play games with your head, if you know your following the plan and losing that is your key to success! Congrats on the journey so far! :)

I have now lost a total of 90 pounds. My primary care doctor is very proud of me. He keeps taking me off blood pressure medication and adjusting my insulin. I feel so much better, except for this darn sinus infection I have. Can't seem to shake it. All my clothes are getting to big on me, even my shoes. I think every pound I loose the cat gains it. Ha,ha.

I have now lost a total of 90 pounds. My primary care doctor is very proud of me. He keeps taking me off blood pressure medication and adjusting my insulin. I feel so much better, except for this darn sinus infection I have. Can't seem to shake it. All my clothes are getting to big on me, even my shoes. I think every pound I loose the cat gains it. Ha,ha.
Good job! Keep it up.

Wow, you are doing great, I also had to buy smaller shoes lol,

Well I think I hit a wall finally. :( I haven't lost any weight in the past week n a half. o_O I'm still exercising but I'm in that weird time where I'm moving from soft foods to more solid foods, (finally!) trying to figure out how much protein I'm getting, my water is a bit off and my little stomach started making noise. Is that normal? No idea, but my head and my body are kind of at war and I am kind of a hot mess at the moment. I'm 99 days out of surgery and I have lost 62 lbs. but I can't decide if that means I'm still on track or falling behind? Anyway, just struggling at the moment, but trying really hard not to be negative.

Well I think I hit a wall finally. :( I haven't lost any weight in the past week n a half. o_O I'm still exercising but I'm in that weird time where I'm moving from soft foods to more solid foods, (finally!) trying to figure out how much protein I'm getting, my water is a bit off and my little stomach started making noise. Is that normal? No idea, but my head and my body are kind of at war and I am kind of a hot mess at the moment. I'm 99 days out of surgery and I have lost 62 lbs. but I can't decide if that means I'm still on track or falling behind? Anyway, just struggling at the moment, but trying really hard not to be negative.
Just keep plugging along, you are doing great and the noise is normal, thinking positive is the way to be ,I have stopped losing weight for more than a week and then it goes down again, your body is just adjusting, keep up the good work

Tracy is right. You are doing great. Your weight loss is perfect, better than mine. Your body is just adjusting to the new calories you are taking in. Give it a little time to adjust. You will start losing again.

[QU OTE="Mayson, post: 33104, member: 11406"]How do I find out if my Doctor did y sleeve small enough. I'm 4weeks out and I'm already able to consume lots of water and a pretty decent amount . I weighed 242lbs before pre op the day of surgery I weighed in at 229 tday I weigh 214lbs is that good because I've seen a few friends lose lots more within 4wks . I'm started to feel a bit discouraged[/QUOTE]
I So Feel The Way You Do Like It never happened. I can still drink and are eat the same. I really don't feel a Difference

[QU OTE="Mayson, post: 33104, member: 11406"]How do I find out if my Doctor did y sleeve small enough. I'm 4weeks out and I'm already able to consume lots of water and a pretty decent amount . I weighed 242lbs before pre op the day of surgery I weighed in at 229 tday I weigh 214lbs is that good because I've seen a few friends lose lots more within 4wks . I'm started to feel a bit discouraged
I So Feel The Way You Do Like It never happened. I can still drink and are eat the same. I really don't feel a Difference[/QUOTE]
I am thinking that ya'll stretched the pouch as it healed. I hope not. I was informed that I shouldn't eat and drink at the same time because that would stretch it. The rule is to stop drinking 30 minutes before eating and resume 30 minutes after. Either that you're your just great at healing and things are awesome. I hope the latter. If you can get your doc to order an ultrasound or some such maybe they could tell you what's what.

You might post this as a new post under post op discussion so that everyone sees it. I had bypass surgery so I don’t know how things work with the sleeve.

I also had by pass, but everyone loses at different rates, just keep listening to the Dr and it will come off, don't compare your self to others

Back