• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hurricane Sandy

Time 4 me

Wanted to wish all well who is in the area of Hurricane Sandy's path!! Doing our best to prepare, alittle stressed due to no generator and a sump that overflows causing a flooded basement!! Praying that mother nature takes it easy on all of us. Be safe and take care!!

Good luck with Sandy, keep your head down and your toes dry. I'll be sending good vibes your way. Let us know how it went.

Wanted to wish all well who is in the area of Hurricane Sandy's path!! Doing our best to prepare, alittle stressed due to no generator and a sump that overflows causing a flooded basement!! Praying that mother nature takes it easy on all of us. Be safe and take care!!

You can only do what you can do. Do you have any trees close to the house that need trimming?

And I hope you're laying in supplies?

Sending lots of good thoughts and warm fuzzies your way.

Be safe. It is headed in my directions as well here in NY. All parkways and public transportation have been suspended as of 9 p.m. NYC schools have been closed. I am as prepared as I can be. Have not been able to get batteries for 3 days. I think the wind is going to be a major issue. I have packed a bag with my meds, clothes, vitamins and protein powder in the event I lose power, or can't get home. I work for a hospital so I will be going to work. Any in Sandy's path be safe and don't take chances.

Sandy is now a small storm and we weathered it ok here. I've been praying for you guys in New York though. Let us know how your doing when you can...

NY and NJ have been hit hard. 10 people killed so far in NY. Hudson River pouring into the ground zero site. The river is pouring into the tunnels it is a major disaster. The whole transportation system is down. Lower NYC has been hit the worst. I was able to get to work, but no electricty. I am home and have power. MY Dad has no power since yesterday and I can't get to him due to down trees and wires. He is 94 and lives alone. I know so many of you across the country go through this, but this is the worst NY has seen since 1888. My thoughts are with all who are in the storms path.

Do you have any cell phone numbers of neighbors of your dads? I keep numbers for my elderly neighbors relatives and vice versa. I'm so sorry to hear how bad it is there. We got off relatively easy here. I'm saying prayers for your dad and all the others who are in such a terrible situation.

Central New Yorker here. Pretty windy, a little rain but we were the lucky ones. Prayers being said for those who got hit harder. Kim try the Red Cross, they may be able to help.

Back