• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

i am soo upset...

Shawnb77

Ok so i went to my support group i call it my fat support group and i was told i need to start eating .. then my friend told me i was gonna die if i dont start eating .. i drink all 60 grams of protein every day and my water but i dont want food at all.. so i promised i would start trying to eat eggs yuck cottage cheese yuck refried beans i eat the juice.. so l went to the market and got some mozzarela sticks some deli meat which i can eat one slice of and 2 frozen dinned eat right lots of protine low sodium but i really dont want to eat i am happy drinking my food and with the not eating .... boooo please some one tell me they are going thru this too.. i feel so alone :(

Hi Shawn,

I feel for you. It is easier to drink all your meals. However, it isn't good for your digestive tract to get so used to drinking meals only. I think the goal is for you to return to a healthy life style and be able to live a normal life. 60 grams of protein is only a minimum requirement so as you increase what you can eat you will be able to drink less of your meals. Hang in there and it will come gradually. Everyone I know with RNY has started eating and enjoying the food and just getting the texture and taste and it is really is better for your digestion. Others in the forum may be of more help but I have to agree with those in your support group. Don't forget , they went before you and know what is best. Good luck as you continue on your journey and welcome to the Forum. Joy

Hi Shawn, You're not alone so don't worry, I know exactly how you feel:p. After I was done with the liquid soft food meals I couldn't wait to eat some real food, it wasn't what I thought it would be like, I thought I was soooooo ready to eat and I had a few bites of burger meat w/cheese and a tbls of rice or beans and I was full, not as exciting as I thought it would be.

The first year post op I had to remember to eat and force myself to eat a few bites of this and that at least twice a day but my gaol was 3 times a day and have one or two shakes a day to make sure I got my protien in. Only when I was working real hard and exerting myself did I feel the need to eat beacause I would get real weak and shaky like my blood surgars were bottoming out, that happened a few times and I started eating protien bars when I needed them, I would keep a couple of boxes in my work truck or some bars in my pack. I know it is hard but when you feel like you need a shake try a protien bar or some lunch meat and c heese and just start mixing it up, most important find foods that are palatable for you. Hang in there your doing great! :cool: Tom

Back