• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I felt good.

:D I went out to lunch with my son and his boyfriend and my daughter. He had not seen me since last summer. So... He hugged me and said you look amazing. Now, I could tell he meant it. I have a little problem with seeing myself as I am... So this was extra nice. It happened so fast and I have always had the problem of wearing larger clothes or dark like black. So I will be seeing a therapist for a while so I can see it too. Does anyone else have that problem? Not seeing what the scales say. Or even my face its not me anymore. I put on make up and wore a pants suit that fit. But I don't see it, its like a stranger is looking back at me. I was reading sometimes people lose sight of who they really are. Don't get me wrong I know I lost weigh but I see myself still as the same person. I am sure after therapy and getting use to this I will be okay. But anyone else gone through this>?
Hugs,
Angie

Hi Angie, Yea I feel that way. I just don't see it. So, I keep thinking my scales MUST be broke. My clothes tell me differently. I figure it will probably change in time, and my brain will catch up with my body. Hope this note finds you doing well otherwise. I always look forward to reading what you put on this site. Big hugs, carla

Angie, I'm right there with you! I'm trying to be different this time. I remember being 150 pounds in high school and college and thinking I was HUGE!! What I wouldn't give to still be 150 lbs., but this time I'm just going to settle for healthy! :eek: My clothes are getting bigger, so I can see a change and am looking forward to the day when I can comfortably buy new clothes and GET RID of the plus sizes!

Why thank you Carla, I enjoy your post too. Yeah I read in here it takes a while to realize the body has changed. I have changed more out going & even talk more to strangers lol. I had my picture taken the other day and my son has not mailed it to me so I can put up me now. That might help. Busy day today just now siting down and eating a bit, They say you eat less if paying attention I eat less doing something. Next week is my live support group, I like going even though some are way ahead of me. I can as questions when we cut up into small groups. As far as my goal weight I have no idea. I checked several sites and one said like 120. I think I would be a bone. So when I see the doctor on the 28th I will discuss this with him. I am wanting to have plastic surgery & a body conture you have to have at least 20 pounds over to get it. So I am, gonna go talk to one, find out prices then faint lol. Actually am having that done at Ohio State U hospitaL it more in my price range. Hope you are having a good week so far.
Hugs,
Angiel

At first I didn't see the weight loss. Now that I am 8 months post op I can. I think though it is more than just the weight loss, but about the life changes that come with it. I strggled a bit with this in the beginning. I didn't think I could do things yet. I am happy to say I took a leap of faith and began to live the life I wanted. This can be scarey. For me hiding was easier for so many reasons. So I agree, especailly if your weight loss is quick, that your head needs to catch up. It sounds like you get this and are seeking help to connect the two. Good for you. Becoming whole again takes time. You bring a great deal of energy to this forum and I thank you for that. As always sending postive vibes your way.

Back