• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I Got Approved for Surgery!

I agree as much as you want this your daughters birthday is more important. I didn't have alot of pain but I didn't have any energy. I remember going shopping not long after surgery and when I got home I was in pain, I thought I could handle it, but I definitely was not ready and I don't even think I was out that long. Your day will be here before you know it. Have fun at your daughters birthday and then get ready for your new life to begin

Thank you! A new life indeed. I feel very blessed to have that opportunity. I have been staying busy and preoccupied preparing for my daughter's party. So I haven't been focusing on the surgery much. But I know come Sunday, my stomach will be in knots (no pun intended lol)

I feel a lot better than the first few days after surgery. The pain that I felt was also due to scar tissue build up from me having the Lap Band prior. Now, its 3/15/18 and I feel great. I am now 185 pounds. Prior to surgery I was 198 so I lost 14 pounds so far. Walking around the house helped with the gas pain (Belching!). I stayed out of work for 3 weeks. I thought I could go back after 2 weeks, but my doctor didn't agree with me.
I will not lie, because of the pain, I questioned why I did the surgery, but my hubby was sooo darn supportive and stayed out of work for two weeks to help me get better. He gave me a lot of strength.

I am now on full liquids, but I get full really quick and I am trying to drink protein shakes... I know its a process and I will get there.

That's great to hear! I hope that you have a quick and safe recovery. And keep up the good work with your weight loss!

Hi everyone, so I am home recovering and have been since last night. It has been a rough recovery. I ended up having to stay in the hospital an extra 2 days per doctors orders for some medical reasons. I was so nervous right before surgery as I spent so much time alone. But my nurse literally walked me to the OR and was rubbing my back along the way which really helped. I wasn't expecting to be knocked out as soon as I was before surgery. I at least expected the anesthesiologist to give me a heads up. So naturally when I woke up after surgery, I was in agonizing pain and I remember hearing my name called, and me fighting people off of me. Horrible! The pain afterwards was no joke, thankfully once I started getting pain meds and belching I felt better. I couldn't see my mom much which sucked because she wasn't allowed with the baby. But the hospital was nice enough to break the rules for a few and allow them into the recovery area. Everyone has been so helpful, and my mom is out right now getting my prescriptions, protein shakes (which I need now to take my bp meds), and some other stuff I need. It also doesn't help that my baby got sick despite my best efforts to prevent it and my poor mom has to take her to the same day clinic for me. But hopefully we both recover sooner rather than later. I'm waiting on my shakes like a fiend lol. So hungry! I wasn't expecting to feel hungry so much. It could also be because I'm not taking in a ton of liquids. I am making sure that I walk every 3 hrs to prevent clots, and I'm so tempted to start buying skinny clothes after this hell I have been through lol.

Glad you are home, it will only get better from here on out, I can't believe you are hungry after all that. Just remember to sip slowly and stop before you feel atuufed or you will be in pain, and you don't want that, good luck you will be fine

Reactions: Nal
Glad you are home, it will only get better from here on out, I can't believe you are hungry after all that. Just remember to sip slowly and stop before you feel atuufed or you will be in pain, and you don't want that, good luck you will be fine

Yea, I can't believe it either. My surgery was on Tuesday, I didn't start feeling hungry I until today. I don't think I'm drinking enough liquids because I have a headache and my lips are really dry. So I'm trying to up that. I finally had some protein shake after waiting for 5 hrs on it, and I'm starting to feel better already.

Yea, I can't believe it either. My surgery was on Tuesday, I didn't start feeling hungry I until today. I don't think I'm drinking enough liquids because I have a headache and my lips are really dry. So I'm trying to up that. I finally had some protein shake after waiting for 5 hrs on it, and I'm starting to feel better already.

I think you are right, I think it is actually 'head' hunger just from not eating and your actually thirsty. I hope things just keep improving for you during this part of your recovery, congrats on your surgery!

Reactions: Nal
I feel a lot better than the first few days after surgery. The pain that I felt was also due to scar tissue build up from me having the Lap Band prior. Now, its 3/15/18 and I feel great. I am now 185 pounds. Prior to surgery I was 198 so I lost 14 pounds so far. Walking around the house helped with the gas pain (Belching!). I stayed out of work for 3 weeks. I thought I could go back after 2 weeks, but my doctor didn't agree with me.
I will not lie, because of the pain, I questioned why I did the surgery, but my hubby was sooo darn supportive and stayed out of work for two weeks to help me get better. He gave me a lot of strength.

I am now on full liquids, but I get full really quick and I am trying to drink protein shakes... I know its a process and I will get there.

I felt the same way right after I got the surgery. I was thinking what did I do to my poor body and was it necessary to do all of this just to lose weight. Mainly when I would hear my baby crying because she wanted me and there was nothing I could do. Now, each day that goes by I am more inspired and happier. I look forward to getting off this liquid only diet, being more active, and feeling more normal

Back