• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I had my surgery!!!

I had my surgery, i feel great, I was expecting the worse, i can keep food (liquid down) i can move around, my only problems are the vitamins, do you guys found good solution? and I am on stage 1 of post op and its only liquid, i am getting so tired of cream soup, pudim, yogurt and jello LOL, any other IDEAS? and i am also getting a lil dehydrated, its hard to drink as much water as I used too.. SOrry soooo many question :)

thank you all

Congrats on having the surgery. Don't apologize for having questions, that's what we're here for. As for what else you can have, Sugar free Popsicles come to mind and what about chicken broth? Hope this helps. Also remember the Popsicles count as water.

Frank

:cool:

Broth is good as well, remember, it's a liquid protein too. The protein drinks can be very beneficial at this time. They assist in healing quicker. Not only internally, but also an overall boost of energy and strength will emerge as a result. Try to get as much protein into you during this time, and your weight loss will accelerate at a steady pace. Yogert is good too. Greek yogert has 14 grams of protein. Baby food that contains protein.

Remain in a place of anticipation to each action that you move into a positive direction with your routine. It's essential to give yourself time to adjust to a new routine since you are going to ease into a new lifestyle. One that you may not be too familiar with at the moment, but in time and with the committment and patience to stay on board, you will receive remarkable results. You'll be grateful for each new experience and joy you'll feel as your layers begin to come off.

You'll succeed! One day at a time, and one day leads to one month and one year and so on................You're doing great, stay and be well!
Linney:)

Back