• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I "LOOK" pregnant

Sandie

12 days out and my upper abdomen still looks as if it were blown up, when does it go down? NO pain really just bloated! I cannot drink any of my protein drinks( different brands etc.) they make me very nauseated. I have been trying to eat a yogurt(Yoplait 100 with fruit in it), and drink lots of fluids but that is not enough protein. I see the doc on Thursday so betw now and Thursday what to do. I could call on Monday and talk to Nutritionist but would prefer not.

Sandie-The bloating may be caused by trapped gas plus swollen tissue from surgery. Try laying on your left side to try to aleviate trapped gas. If you haven't been doing much walking then try to walk as much as you can. This will also help if it's gas related.

Sometimes if you add water to the protein drinks to thin them down it helps make them more tolerable and easier to swollow. Hope this helps.

IT does not feel like gas, no pain. I am walking as much as I can. Today I am feeling very weak when I get up to walk even the house, was invited to a party and could not go due to the shakyness and weakness :( I am eating the yogurts and about to eat some cottage cheese. I will call my nutritionist on Monday, wanted to make sure it was going down well etc. Ate a scrambled egg yesterday without problems but last night ate a sugarless chocalate pudding and had some sharp pains and a little nausea so will not do that again for a while. I am unable to get all the fluids in I should, I get really full feeling to nauaseated. Tummy is still protruberant, hope it goes down!!

Back