• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I new here and have no idea what I'm doing lol.

Astuart

I am 16 days post opt and having alot of stress about do's and do not's. Is there anyone else that is having this problem or related problems? If so I would really like to talk about it.

Hi Astuart, welcome to the board. I'm not really sure what your question is. Basically at this point you should be worrying about getting in your liquids and proteins. Depending on the type of surgery you had, that will determine what types of food you should be eating. You should have a nutrition plan from your Doc and Nutritionist, follow that and you'll be fine. You may not be able to meet all your goals, just keep trying, it will come eventually. Let us know what specific questions you have and we'll be able to better respond, also what type of surgery you had.

Frank

:cool:

VBG to Gastric Bypass

I had VBG to G/Bypass 15 days ago. I don't really have a queation about one thing. I just am having a lot anxiety over all the chages and am fearfull of doing the wrong thing :)

Hi,
I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice, as I'm not quite at that point yet, but I did want to say welcome to the boards. It's a great place for information. I hope your surgery went smoothly and you are recovering well. I know it's easier said than done, and I'll probably be in your position in a couple of weeks, but try to relax and focus on drinking, drinking, drinking. My nutritionist told us not to stress too much if we didn't meet all requirements in those first 2-3 weeks. Just do the best we can and get in as much as possible. I hope things get better for you soon. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Just take a deep breath and make a plan every morning about what you will and can eat and how you will get your fluids in. Make sure you have those things available to eat and drink, and move all the foods you can't eat out of the house. You just have to get through this one day.

Karenina's advice is right on. Just relax and work each day. It will take time to get the fluids and protein in, but you will get the hang of it.

Frank

:cool:

Hi Astuart, I also had a VBG to RNY Gastric Bypass revision, mine was May 7th. I understand your worries and your stress! I'm so in the 'I do not want to screw this up' mode! Just follow the plan you've been given for eating and drinking by the dietitians/nutritionists and all will be fine. Get your protein, and your fluids and breathe! You can do this!!

there is a great book out called weight loos surgery for dummies. It goes over everything my doctor and team have been telling me. It is worth reading and referring back too.

Back