• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm back, again

Sandie

I am back, I was done last Monday, Dec 3, got out of hospital on Thurs Dec 6th and got ill on Friday night and continued to be very very nauseated until Sunday when I went to the hospital and had a CT scan which was normal, was admitted and just on clear fluids and IVs. GREAT hospital, GREAT surgeon!!! I got discharged today and feel great! BUT now no protein drinks until my appt with doc next Thursday. That sucks, I am hungry, have consumed 3 bowls of soup broth, quite a bit of jello, 4 popsicles and was scrouging around and finally found something to sink my teeth into, my Calcium chew. THAT is sad!! Well I can truthfully say when I was so nauseated, that I did feel like, "what have I done to myself" but today I am on my way to a much better me!
By the way, I was asked when I can eat Almonds as long as I pulverize in mouth, stage 3 ro 4 do nuts come in or Never?
Hope all is going well for all others.

Sandie-Nuts come in waaaayyyyyyyy down the road. My handouts suggest waiting 6 months. Same for corn and popcorn. Some people are never able to tolerate these foods again but I didn't have any issues with any of them. The only thing I seem to have problems with is whole meat even now over 9 months post surgery.

Sandie, glad to hear you are back home and on the road to recovery. Ask your team about peanut butter or almond butter.

Sandie, I'm so glad that you are doing better. I had my sleeve done the day after you so I completely understand sinking my teeth into the calcium chew! Good to hear that you are doing better now. I have seen a powdered Peanut butter that you add water to and reconstitute it. That may be an option for you.
KarenLB

Back