• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm Back!!!

Time 4 me

It's been a wild ride, I went for my one week check on 11/20 and was feeling extremely weak, dizzy and had a rash on my arms/legs only. My surgeon was out of town for holiday but I was seen by his partner who sent me to the ER for bloodwork and chest x-ray. Of course it seemed to be the busiest day of the year and the wait seemed like an eternity!! I was admitted with double viral pnuemonia they were also watching the voided part of my stomach which had air in it. One sick puppy is all I can say, I had to stay on liquid diet, I have never ever been so weak in my whole life I was practically helpless. I will say through this I have found that I am a strong and very determined person and I give all the glory to God for seeing me through.

Today is Sunday 11/25 and I am feeling better each and every day, my main complaint is being tired out so easily. I have advanced to smashed & mashed diet and doing great with that as well as I am happy to report my sugars have been 160 or less which is wonderful accomplishment for me. I should be insulin free within the next few weeks!!

The first few days after surgery I was full of confidence and said "I got this" and all Hell broke loose but through it all I see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that this is the best gift I can give myself!!

Glad to hear that you are doing better! Hey, you had your surgery on my birthday!:)
You'll do fine!!

Carol

wow, double pneumonia, that is serious, were not moving around enough or ??? Glad you are better and the energy should come back, lets hope. Hope the pneumonia does not occur to me or other, rare occasion on people who do get up and around after the surgery but maybe your DM made you more prone to infection. Glad also to see your sugars are coming down so well. How long have you been diabetic? All and all, you are doing very well now.

Hi Time 4 Me, I am so glad to hear you are doing better, it sounds like you have had a rough go of it, usually just the recovery from surgery makes us tired all the time so you must be double tired from pnuemonia. Your an insperation, get lots of rest. :cool: Tom

Back