• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm confused about my surgery

kph

My surgery was on 2/07/2011 (rny) and I have never had dumping. Now I really don't want to experience it but I am able to eat anything I want. Do not have to worry about sugar or fat content. It's like I never had the surgery. Why is this happening with me?

you fall in the category of the few but it is absolutely imperative that you follow your guidelines and diet otherwise your body will treat you just like you didn't have the surgery. my dr said to a patient that he felt sorry for her if she could eat anything.patti

My surgery was on 2/07/2011 (rny) and I have never had dumping. Now I really don't want to experience it but I am able to eat anything I want. Do not have to worry about sugar or fat content. It's like I never had the surgery. Why is this happening with me?

Hi KPH Welcome. I am Tom. I have heared the same thing from other people in my support group about no dumping syndrom, dumping is not very fun so in that aspect you are kinda lucky, on the other hand you will have to really make a point to not fall into old habits. The facilitator in my support group has said not every one gets dumping. Pasta, white bread and surgary foods are my worst enemy, I likes chillie mac so much I tried it twice, not pretty either time, and cherry pie at Thanksgiving, won't make that mistake again like I did with the pasta.

I agree with Patti, follow your meal plan and guidelines, you have jost 118 lbs so far, that is great so it seems like you are doing a good job sticking to the program. Keep us posted. :cool: Tom

tom I lost 120 and gained back 50 so I am leaning on all of you for supportMy weight yesterday was 205 and I started on the 5 day pouch test. I am going to get back on track. thanks for your prayers. patti

Good luck Patti, I finally found a protien shake I liked that wasn't bland called choco-lite, I found it in bariatric choice website. Good luck I'll be praying for you too, Let us know how it going, the liquid diet was the hardest part for me, but the bright side is it's only a week instead of what seemed like a month. :cool: Tom

Back