• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm looking for NON DAIRY Shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have unflavored protein that i want to start adding to my meals i would like some really good shakes recipes with no dairy in them.

you can go to GNC and buy whey protein and nake your own shakes.patti

FYI Whey is Dairy, I'm sorry i should have said smoothies i already use the GNC Soy Protein powered for my protein drinks I'm just looking to add to my diet now and I'm looking for some really good smoothie recipes

Add fresh or frozen fruit of your choice and a couple of ice cubes. My favorite is strawberry :) Peach or blueberry also tastes good. You can also add sugar free Nestle's Quick powder but check the label for dairy first. You can buy PB2 (fat free peanut butter powder) at netrition.com and make a peanut butter smoothie or use regular peanut butter but it has a lot of fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add fresh or frozen fruit of your choice and a couple of ice cubes. My favorite is strawberry :) Peach or blueberry also tastes good. You can also add sugar free Nestle's Quick powder but check the label for dairy first. You can buy PB2 (fat free peanut butter powder) at netrition.com and make a peanut butter smoothie or use regular peanut butter but it has a lot of fat.
Is fruit ok? Isn't that to much sugar for us?

I should have mentioned to add fruit once your meal plan shows you can have it. According to the nutritional handouts I was given the natural sugar in fruit is tolerable for most of us but again, wait until your meal plan shows you can have it. And make sure you pulverize it in a blender or processor-NO CHUNKS or pieces allowed. I have tolerated fruit very well and recently even eat an apple almost every day, chewed very well of course (my meal plan now allows fresh and canned fruit-no sugar added). I also have an occasional half of a banana but I don't like the way they taste in a smoothie. Another thing you can try is to flavor your smoothies with sugar free no calorie Da Vinci "syrups" available on netrition.com. There are friut flavors as well as dozens of other flavors. So far I have bought English toffee (for my decaf coffee) and raspberry. I'm going to get coconut, lime and orange on my next order. Check it out, you won't believe how many flavors there are!!! If you use these "syrups" your smoothie flavors will be limited only by your imagination.

Pat I will have to look but i think i can have it now, Im going to get some of the powder peanut butter that sounds really good, now i just need to pair it with something really yummy :D

I use flavored egg protein powders. I found that they are easier to get into soy milk or yogert without a blender. Vitol 100% egg protein is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back