• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm new to this site

Judmar

Hi... I've been out of surgery since aug of 2008...I have gained 53 lbs..since then...I feel awful and need some help.. I'm 70 years of age...and it is getting harder and harder to walk etc... thanks for any input

Did you have to go on a pre surgery diet ? I know I did....do that again......I was told "do not EVER eat more than 5 grams of fat and 5 grams of sugar at a meal..... get yourself some low glycemic or mediterranean cookbooks.....limit bread, limit rice, limit noodles......you know the regimen....we all do.....get a cane and walk about 3 houses down and back daily...in 5 days walk about 10 houses down and back....you will get better and stronger.....YOU CAN DO IT!

You have to go back to the basic program eat only what was advised and attend support group meetings. It's up to you, nobody can do it for you. Anything else is folly.

Regards

Hi Judmar,

I am new to the group so I don't feel I should be offering up advice. However, I would suggest contacting the doctor who performed your surgery. Didn't you make a commitment to see them once a year for life? Keep a food journal and talk to the nutritional counselor and they can review your journal and make some suggestions . Doesn't the doctor have a support group you can attend? I am 60 and have a bad knee and back issues. Perhaps you can walk around the inside of your house or lift hand weights while you are sitting down. Hope things work out for you. Please keep me posted. Have a pleasant evening. Hugs, Nancy

Why did you choose rny instead of sleeve. I meet with my Doc for final pre-op Friday and still undecided. I'm really leaning toward the sleeve.

Back